So, uh... about Destruction...

#1Xade76Posted 4/3/2013 11:56:14 PM
NOTE: I AM NOT TRYING TO WHORE FOR A 500 TOPIC!

Anyway...

Skyrim's Destruction skill is very disappointing to me. I want to be able to build it up and be just as efficient with it as with any other combat skill. Because of the lack of ways to boost Destruction damage (outside of potions), I was wondering if maybe Bethesda addressed this issue by adding in some cool ways to make it at least a little more viable in any of the DLC quests or areas? And by "viable", I don't mean a couple new spells that happen to be powerful. I want ALL of my spells to be stronger, dammit.
---
http://tinyurl.com/a7bj4rp
My Top 5: Tetris Attack!, EarthBound, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country 2, and Dark Souls
#2AnimalXingNerdsPosted 4/4/2013 12:00:00 AM
Finally! A thread about destruction magic. This is one of the most swept under the rug topics. Good on you.
#3ArgentumVirPosted 4/4/2013 12:03:50 AM
Restoloop abusing works wonders.
---
Check my FictionPress: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/882728/
I love Rias Gremory.
#4Xade76(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 12:08:27 AM
AnimalXingNerds posted...
Finally! A thread about destruction magic. This is one of the most swept under the rug topics. Good on you.

I take it you don't have an answer, then? Alrighty. Thanks for stopping by.
---
http://tinyurl.com/a7bj4rp
My Top 5: Tetris Attack!, EarthBound, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country 2, and Dark Souls
#5GallieGallyPosted 4/4/2013 12:14:42 AM
Good news : Bethesda added third augmented fire/shock/ice perks in Dragonborn DLC.

Bad news : They are included in the form of dragon priest masks.
#6Scorex_VIIPosted 4/4/2013 12:33:29 AM
GallieGally posted...
Good news : Bethesda added third augmented fire/shock/ice perks in Dragonborn DLC.

Bad news : They are included in the form of dragon priest masks.

Worse news: For some reason, tthey are also considered heavy armor...
#7SaintFC_Posted 4/4/2013 1:02:15 AM
Xade76 posted...
AnimalXingNerds posted...

I take it you don't have an answer, then? Alrighty. Thanks for stopping by.

There have been many answers in the multitude of threads already on the board.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is 28'
#8charon78auPosted 4/4/2013 4:27:38 AM
I know you don't want one or two new spells that are powerful, but really...Ignite is the only spell you need - except when fighting fireproof enemies - then you need Ice Storm.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#9silverhunter16Posted 4/4/2013 4:44:50 AM
Pretty much the only ways to boost destruction damage are:

The Dragonborn DP masks
Potions w/ or w/o restoloop
AoT Glitch
Shalidor's Insight Scroll (great alternative to potions and enchanting but not as reliable)

That's pretty much your only chooses for damage boosts.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#10DarkSeraphMPosted 4/4/2013 5:01:22 AM(edited)
Why is it that everybody who b****es about Destruction is so against using potions to boost? Glowing Mushrooms and Nightshade are plentiful - and veritably unlimited if you have Hearthfire. Brew up about 50 and hotkey them to 1 or 2. It couldn't be easier.

A damage-boosting Enchantment for Destruction would make it way too powerful. While I agree that the damage should increase with your level, since we already have perks and enchantments to lower casting cost, Destruction is far from under-powered, especially with those casting cost reductions. Potions, even without exploiting, can more than make up for that. So why does everyone hate to use them?
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.