This game needs a New Game+ mode

#1CRtwentyPosted 4/4/2013 9:42:41 AM
Especially after the new patch comes out. What's the fun in being a level 200 character if all you've got is radiant quests? They should let you import a saved character so you can start a new game with all your skills, levels, and perk points.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#2RikashiPosted 4/4/2013 9:45:13 AM
Also known as a save editor, you mean?

honestly, New Game+ adds nothing of value to free-roaming RPG's like this. Besides starting with higher stats, nothing changes at all.
#3FMLGPosted 4/4/2013 9:49:13 AM
I would prefer a function to let you leave items for characters like directions to kewl places and notes or to let you have the gear you need for your character w/o doing a questlime that goes against your RP but to be honest, you can do that with a save editor or with a PC modded save.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#4CRtwenty(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:53:44 AM
Rikashi posted...
Also known as a save editor, you mean?

honestly, New Game+ adds nothing of value to free-roaming RPG's like this. Besides starting with higher stats, nothing changes at all.

Well yeah. But I'd like to be able to jump right into fighting Dragur Deathlords and Ancient Dragons without having to grind first. Or redo quests with tougher monsters. And I'd prefer to do it in-game without using a save editor.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#5HatchetHoundPosted 4/4/2013 10:17:06 AM
All games need a New Game +.

Though simulating with a hex editor or other save-editing methods works just fine for now.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#6dinosaur-123Posted 4/4/2013 10:25:26 AM
the thing is ... doesn't NG+ need the game to have some sort of ending ? I mean in skyrim when do you feel that the game is complete ? sure you can finish the MQ but what about other things and such ?
---
TES: V Skyrim, Redguard trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
#7HatchetHoundPosted 4/4/2013 10:33:28 AM
Should only take the MQ into account. In games like this it should be some sort of option you can choose at any time after the MQ is done.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#8hellslingerPosted 4/4/2013 10:51:18 AM

Though simulating with a hex editor or other save-editing methods works just fine for now.

Why do all games need a NG+ when it makes no sense to have them for some games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Qf7Mh.jpg
#9CRtwenty(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:12:53 AM
hellslinger posted...

True, but Skyrim is not one of those games.
---
#10Jakobs_FodderPosted 4/5/2013 5:47:57 AM
CRtwenty posted...
hellslinger posted...

True, but Skyrim is not one of those games.

...Then the statement should not have been made.

-_-
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos