Heal Undead even if you join the Dawnguard (chance easily missed) (Spoilers)

#1Mistere ManPosted 4/4/2013 10:34:01 AM
You can get the heal undead spell if you join the Dawnguard but it takes a bit of planning ahead, and knowing what to do ahead of time as the window to do it is small and easily missed..

When you take the Women back to the Castle you will be given a choice to leave or to become one of them, but when you first get there the women will talk to her father for a bit before you get to talk to the father.

During this time everyone there is friendly to you, and the person that sells the spells is on a balcony just above the dinning hall to the left of where you enter. So once you get there and during her talk with her father just walk under the balcony and jump up and talk to him as he will sell you the spell without any problem at any level (I was level 1).

I just wanted to post this as many topics seem to say you can only get all the dawnguard spells if you go the vampire side, sorry if this is old.
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#2NepharenPosted 4/4/2013 10:39:17 AM
Not sure if it's old news either, but this is the first I've heard of it and I do appreciate the information. Would never have thought to try this myself...
#3agentspoonPosted 4/4/2013 1:38:53 PM(edited)
*looks up from newspaper*

Interesting, Spoon approves.

*goes back to newspaper*
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#4Jakobs_FodderPosted 4/4/2013 2:46:49 PM
This probably doesn't work. I hate to say.

I'm pretty sure Harkon and his court follow specific scripting patterns until their complete dialog requirements are met by the player....
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#5DevoidLightPosted 4/4/2013 5:23:42 PM
Sounds promising. Can anybody other than OP at this point in the game confirm this?
#6theonyxphoenixPosted 4/4/2013 5:28:09 PM
*nod*
*puffs pipe*
#7NepharenPosted 4/4/2013 5:34:34 PM
I'll give it a shot, be back in about an hour.
#8Mick65Posted 4/4/2013 5:57:20 PM
*Ronthil. "No, you must speak with Lord Harkon"
---
JAFO
#9TarentulaPosted 4/4/2013 6:09:36 PM
You mean the Necromantic Healing spell? Cause I murdered all the vamps and sided with the D-Guard and I have it.
#10NepharenPosted 4/4/2013 7:09:06 PM(edited)
Mick65 posted...
*Ronthil. "No no, you must speak with Lord Harkon, not me"

I can confirm this. Tried talking to him before my dialogue with Harkon, during the short sequence when I'm free to move, and right before being banished. Same quote from Ronthil no matter what. Was a good idea though.

Edit: I attempt to fix the quote and still get it wrong, sigh....

Something interesting about this, never realized before that everything you can reach can be taken without a stolen tag as you are on good terms with them. Those two bookcases next to the chalice called my name. Alas, no spell tomes were found.