Heal Undead even if you join the Dawnguard (chance easily missed) (Spoilers)

#11Jakobs_FodderPosted 4/4/2013 7:59:46 PM
Nepharen posted...
Mick65 posted...
*Ronthil. "No no, you must speak with Lord Harkon first"

I can confirm this. Tried talking to him before my dialogue with Harkon, during the short sequence when I'm free to move, and right before being banished. Same quote from Ronthil no matter what. Was a good idea though.

Just as I thought.

Indeed a good shot.

Scripting; it's a normally straight forward process.
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#12DarkSeraphMPosted 4/4/2013 8:34:10 PM
Tarentula posted...
You mean the Necromantic Healing spell? Cause I murdered all the vamps and sided with the D-Guard and I have it.

I think you can pick up a Tome of Necromantic Healing in Dimhallow Crypt, before you first encounter Serana. Heal Undead has to be purchased from the vendor inside Castle V.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#13TarentulaPosted 4/4/2013 11:29:18 PM
DarkSeraphM posted...
Tarentula posted...
You mean the Necromantic Healing spell? Cause I murdered all the vamps and sided with the D-Guard and I have it.

I think you can pick up a Tome of Necromantic Healing in Dimhallow Crypt, before you first encounter Serana. Heal Undead has to be purchased from the vendor inside Castle V.

Really, huh I never knew. So what's the difference? Are we missing out or not so much?
#14Mistere Man(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 1:52:59 AM
Well it worked for me I will go to an older save and see if I can do it again and better state what to do.

In case anyone else wants to try you have to do it before Lord Harkon wants to talk to you, like as you first come in and Serana is walking down the stairs to talk to her father/before he asks who you are.
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#15Jakobs_FodderPosted 4/5/2013 2:24:52 AM
Mistere Man posted...
Well it worked for me I will go to an older save and see if I can do it again and better state what to do.

In case anyone else wants to try you have to do it before Lord Harkon wants to talk to you, like as you first come in and Serana is walking down the stairs to talk to her father/before he asks who you are.

Revel in the knowledge that your game has a beneficial bug; the likeliness of that working for some one else is...low.
---
#16Mistere Man(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 2:52:42 AM
Jakobs_Fodder posted...
Revel in the knowledge that your game has a beneficial bug; the likeliness of that working for some one else is...low.

Yeah I guess it could be a glitch, if so I am very sorry about this and I hope you can forgive me, but how can one know if something so small is a glitch without asking other to see if they can copy it. Again I am sorry for anyones wasted time.

Just for the record I tried again and when I went into the castle I ran past the guy at the stairs before he could great Serana and he said "do you need something" and so did everyone else along with the person who sells the spell/spells R(something) (I am terrible with names sorry).
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#17NepharenPosted 4/5/2013 3:27:40 AM
Mistere Man posted...
Jakobs_Fodder posted...

Yeah I guess it could be a glitch, if so I am very sorry about this and I hope you can forgive me, but how can one know if something so small is a glitch without asking other to see if they can copy it. Again I am sorry for anyones wasted time.

Just for the record I tried again and when I went into the castle I ran past the guy at the stairs before he could great Serana and he said "do you need something" and so did everyone else along with the person who sells the spell/spells R(something) (I am terrible with names sorry).

That could be the difference, he had announced serana's arrival when I finally managed to find Ronthil and engage him in a conversation; I don't recall if Harkon had started his speech yet. Perhaps I just missed this much more narrow window.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the save states to test this more. Spent an hour or two glitching through walls last night looking for his merchant chest and turned up nothing....
#18Jakobs_FodderPosted 4/5/2013 3:49:58 AM
Mistere Man posted...
Jakobs_Fodder posted...

No (physical) harm; no foul, bro.
Would have been awesome had the scripting been different. Maybe someone who tried it could give you a definitive answer...?
---
#19NepharenPosted 4/5/2013 4:27:18 AM
I'll try again in fifteen hours when I get off work, if no one else can confirm this. Can you confirm that he has scripted behavior once "lady Serana has returned" was announced by the guy at the door... I didn't catch his name....
#20NepharenPosted 4/6/2013 8:58:05 PM
Made a new character straight from Helgen thinking that perhaps I've encountered my share of glitches with my current save file and that this interfered with my results.

No dice, still can't get this to work. Managed to speak to him several times before Serana's return was announced and encountered same scripted response. From the moment Vingalmo speaks to Serana to the moment I was banished by Harkon, I couldn't get Ronthil to sell me any spells.