Forsworn question

#1PootbirdPosted 4/4/2013 2:06:27 PM
Why excactly do the forsworn think the reach belongs to them? They are all mostly Bretons so I would expect they'd just stay in high rock, is it because the reach is at the border to high rock? Or do they simply despise the Nords?
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
Do you meet a reasonable person on gamefaqs very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't.
#2WafflerificPosted 4/4/2013 2:38:51 PM
Well the Reach was theirs before the Nords conquered it. Here's some light reading. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Reachmen
#3EmblemWarriorPosted 4/4/2013 2:40:14 PM
thier Skyrims version of Native americans.
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
#4FMLGPosted 4/4/2013 2:43:54 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...
They're the Reach's version of Native americans.

Kind of.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#5EmblemWarriorPosted 4/4/2013 6:44:21 PM
FMLG posted...
EmblemWarrior posted...
They're the Reach's version of Native americans.

Kind of.

well, except theres no real advantage the nords have except being able to call the empire in if they can't handle the Reachmen.
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
#6thor23Posted 4/4/2013 6:53:52 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...

I think someone said in another thread that's they're based on the Picts. seems legit

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-truth-about-the-picts-886098.html
#7deadpool223Posted 4/4/2013 7:02:51 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...

no they arnt. stop it.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#8clone11Posted 4/4/2013 7:05:32 PM
Eh, I don't think they ever controlled the Reach prior to the Great War, but I'm not entirely sure.

What I do know is that they are Bretons ("mixed" with some Nord and supposedly even Orcish blood) who have lived in the Reach for a good while, when the Nords and Empire were busy fighting the Great War, they took that chance to take over the Reach. Made their own little kingdom. Apparently, it was all pretty good. They let the Nords stay, etc.

The Jarl of the Reach went to Ulfric for help. Ulfric helped, with the promise of free worship from the Imperials. His men went pretty genocidal on the Reachmen (and, allegedly the Nords that were there too, though the truthfulness of this is.. Sketchy at best).

So, since the Reachmen saw this taking back of the Reach (and the slightly genocidal way it was done) as an injustice, believing the Reach belongs to them, go a little too far, become the Forsworn and start killing any non-Forsworn that crosses their path.
---
"Let the God-forsaken bastards sing."
"Zin krif horvut se suleyk"
#9CRtwentyPosted 4/4/2013 10:24:39 PM
The Reach was one of the first territories conquered by Tiber Septim back in the second era. The Forsworn have never gotten over this, despite being under Imperial/Nordic control for over a thousand years.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#10Enzoa7xPosted 4/5/2013 1:23:58 AM
I think the option to help the forsworn take over and take charge of markarth would have been interesting.