question regarding enchanting

#1safetyboy93Posted 4/6/2013 1:16:51 PM
I have a mage build character, and I'm currently using the Arch Mage Robes. I was wondering, if I were to level up my enchanting to the max: Would I be able to enchant other armors and have them have similiar perks? Would it be possible to enchant Daedric Armour with an enchantment such as 'Magicka Regenerates at 125%, Destruction Spells do 25% more damage' ?
#2Evil_SandwichPosted 4/6/2013 1:20:28 PM
TC asked...
Would it be possible to enchant Daedric Armour with an enchantment such as 'Magicka Regenerates at 125%, Destruction Spells do 25% more damage' ?

Not unless you have the PC version...
#3HoonDingPosted 4/6/2013 1:21:21 PM
There's no enchantment to increase the magnitude (damage) of spells, only to reduce the casting cost.

With high enough enchanting you can get 25% cost reduction on four pieces of gear, essentially giving you free spells in one school of magic, but you won't be able to enchant any "Fortify Magicka" or "Fortify Magicka Regen" effects better than the Archmage robes without using Fortify Enchanting potions.

Enchanting is worth it, but you won't be able to make something as good as the Archmage's Robes.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#4iBlackice25Posted 4/6/2013 1:23:20 PM
Yes, you would be able to, my good sir.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#5HoonDingPosted 4/6/2013 1:27:53 PM
Yes, you would be able to, my good sir.

With 100 Enchanting, Enchanter 5/5, and the middle branch of perks taken to Extra Effect, you only get 62% Magicka Regen. That's without any Fortify Enchanting potions, which have to be pretty powerful to get that to 125%.

And again, there are no enchanting effects that increase the magnitude of spells.
---
#6Mr_PopelPosted 4/6/2013 1:37:34 PM
well if you resto loop you can get decent cost reduction and magicka regen on a single piece of gear (not sure if it has to be clothing/robes though.)

You can also just use a set of cost reduce pieces 25% each.

... or a set of resto looped 100% cost reduce rings for each school.

...you can't unenchant the archmage robes so you won't be able to get cost reduce for all schools on a single item along with the regen.
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#7ericdraven1984Posted 4/6/2013 2:02:31 PM
You could also use the resto-loop with either the Diadam of the Savant or the saarthaal amulet to effectively get free casting with ANY school of magic.
#8Evil_SandwichPosted 4/6/2013 2:13:23 PM
HoonDing posted...
With 100 Enchanting, Enchanter 5/5, and the middle branch of perks taken to Extra Effect, you only get 62% Magicka Regen. That's without any Fortify Enchanting potions, which have to be pretty powerful to get that to 125%.

And again, there are no enchanting effects that increase the magnitude of spells.

The highest I could get even with a 46% fortify enchanting pot, Ahzidal's Genius and Seeker of Sorcery was only 90% Magicka regen.

And that's WITH 100 Alchemy and 100 Enchanting + all relevant perks.

You'd have to either resto-loop or become a Necromage Vampire to get 125% or higher.
#9HoonDingPosted 4/6/2013 2:16:54 PM
Yeah, I'd say you'd need around 100% Fortify Enchanting to get 62% to 125%.
---
#10silverhunter16Posted 4/6/2013 2:19:08 PM
Mr_Popel posted...
well if you resto loop you can get decent cost reduction and magicka regen on a single piece of gear (not sure if it has to be clothing/robes though.)

You can also just use a set of cost reduce pieces 25% each.

... or a set of resto looped 100% cost reduce rings for each school.

...you can't unenchant the archmage robes so you won't be able to get cost reduce for all schools on a single item along with the regen.

You can resto-loop the Archmage Robes to get free magic in all schools, granted you have to drink several resto potions.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.