Here's hoping TES:VI actually has some good difficulty, like Dark Souls.

#51darius343Posted 4/6/2013 11:00:36 PM
dodgefan91 posted...
I don't care about dark souls but I do agree that the difficulty system needs to be re worked. I'd personally like to see a lot of "small" bumps in difficulty across the board instead of just changing damage you give/receive. Instead of giving the enemy twice as many hit points and making them hit twice as hard it'd be nice to give a combination of...

reducing the effectiveness of your enchantments (specifically so you can't get 100% cost reduction)

giving all enemy AI a bump in awareness (making it harder for you to sneak)

add weight to arrows, double the weight of potions, etc (so you can't carry 200 health potions) or possibly even make it so you can only consume X number of potions while in combat

a slight increase in the cost of buying items and decrease when selling items

make certain enemies appear a few levels earlier than normal. Instead of seeing trolls at level 15, you start seeing them closer at level 10 (I've never paid attention to when they actually appear, that's just a rough guesstimate)

and a "hardcore" mode forcing you to eat/sleep or else your magika/health/stamina all start slowly going down.

Well pc version has exactly those. Which is why i switched.
#52DurnehviirPosted 4/6/2013 11:10:35 PM
Ungh...what are they turning thus game into? :/
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#53Scorex_VIIPosted 4/7/2013 12:23:49 AM
ITT: Dark Souls AND Skyrim Fanboys fight eachother.

Didnt Oblivion had a some kind of potion cooldown feature? I dont know if im mixing it with other RPG, but i remember in a certain game after drinking a few potions i would get a message saying i could not drink anymore for a few hours... I know it wasnt fallout, and its not Skyrim... Nor Dark Souls, that leaves Oblivion i guess? Maybe it was Kingdoms of Amalur?
#54Oil_Rope_Bombs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:48:34 AM
TC, wat r u?

casul?

GIANTS
GIANTS
GIANTS

BECOME UNSTOPPABLE

Curved you should visit the PS3 board instead of the Xbox 360 board, we have way more people there
---
"Haha, the Degreaser is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from the best Pyro primary." - Dore
http://maskofthefather.com/ http://i.imgur.com/8QjSwbL.gif
#55Oil_Rope_Bombs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:56:18 AM
deadpool223 posted...
Durnehviir posted...
Never played, saw, or paid much attention to the posts referencing Dark Souls. Is it actually good?

I'm gonna need a new game to get along with Dead Space 3 (Man I love that game, and series,)...Dark Souls a...decent (stopped looking for good) purchase?

~Jakobs

its really good yes. its not HARD so to speak, but if your not paying attention it will kill you immediately. there is never a point where you can dose off and just go through the motions.

No, dark souls is really bad.
The difficulty is very artificial. It's a trial and error type of game. Kind of like megaman in that aspect. And of you want skyrim to be harder, don't wear smithed armor or ARM yourself with non smithed weapons. Or use difficulty increase mod on pc.

http://i.imgur.com/JZNrG.jpg <--- you

Skyrim with master difficulty + Frostfall + Realistic Needs and Diseases+ Realistic Combat + Deadly Dragon Insane mode + Deadly Monster mod >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Dark Souls

Ohh God! Deadly Dragons in insane mode makes you poop you pants.

Lmao you guys need mods to even compare to Dark Souls. Cute. If we got a billion mods too, we could easily make the game even harder than it already is. Come back when you're vanilla, buddy.
---
"Haha, the Degreaser is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from the best Pyro primary." - Dore
http://maskofthefather.com/ http://i.imgur.com/8QjSwbL.gif
#56sunbro1Posted 4/7/2013 3:12:34 AM
Well Oil_Rope_Bombs is back to normal. Damn shame...
---
Ours is the fury
#57HoonDingPosted 4/7/2013 4:26:15 AM
Gamefaqs doesn't even care anymore when it's being trolled. You guys just love crapping all over each other.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#58Evil_SandwichPosted 4/7/2013 4:47:28 AM
dodgefan91 posted...
Instead of seeing trolls at level 15, you start seeing them closer at level 10 (I've never paid attention to when they actually appear, that's just a rough guesstimate)

Um...what?

You can fight Frost Trolls as well Dragur Deathlords at level 1.

Just go to Labyrinthian...

And to TC, if you want an actual challenge try waiting until the patch 1.9 comes out then start a brand new character and do a NO health potion run on Legendary Difficulty.

Also, don't level past 50 and either use only one or NO crafting skills whatsoever.
#59Mr_PopelPosted 4/7/2013 7:22:43 AM
Well i'd love to see a system that allows me to set enemy damage output and player damage/enemy resistance&health separately ...

... the point is i'd like enemies to deal damage like they do on master ... but their health just makes stuff too tedious, i'm not a big fan of difficulty based on increased enemy health tbh.
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#60Evil_SandwichPosted 4/7/2013 7:25:49 AM
Mr_Popel posted...
Well i'd love to see a system that allows me to set enemy damage output and player damage/enemy resistance&health separately ...

... the point is i'd like enemies to deal damage like they do on master ... but their health just makes stuff too tedious, i'm not a big fan of difficulty based on increased enemy health tbh.

They don't get more health, you simply do less damage.