trouble in skyrim

#1Mushroom87Posted 4/8/2013 6:30:34 PM
I'm doing this quest for the companions and it's telling me to kill the bandit leader at knifepoint ridge, I get their and theirs no bandit leader, just a floating marker, am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch?

and to think this kind of stuff always happens after I delete the thousand some odd saves that I end up with.
---
Gaemfex the Daedric Prince of Misogynistic Virgins, strikes again! Darkportal785
#2The_Ivory_ManPosted 4/8/2013 6:33:14 PM
What a few days should respawn I think
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#3MisterdizzPosted 4/8/2013 6:34:09 PM
Try clearing your cache on your console. Then restart and I bet it will be fine.
---
"Old, but still game!" GT: Zanarkand Wolf
#4Q SlickPosted 4/8/2013 6:35:22 PM
I've encountered something similar before. What most likely happened is you had killed the quest target relatively shortly before you accepted the quest, which means waiting until the area repopulates.
---
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
#5Unwanted_TouchnPosted 4/8/2013 6:36:03 PM
I recommend you delete all your saves and restart. You sound like you might have a corrupted thingy-ma-jig caused by technical stuff. It must be cleansed with fire.
---
Do what makes you happy. Because at the end, who's there? You.
#6Mushroom87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:44:07 PM
Unwanted_Touchn posted...
I recommend you delete all your saves and restart. You sound like you might have a corrupted thingy-ma-jig caused by technical stuff. It must be cleansed with fire.

though I like your attitude, no.

how many days should I wait? 2-3 or is it long enough that I should do other quests?
---
Gaemfex the Daedric Prince of Misogynistic Virgins, strikes again! Darkportal785
#7LordTrinenPosted 4/8/2013 6:49:39 PM
Knifepoint Ridge is a location you must visit as part of the Boethiah Daedric quest. If you completed this first the bandit leader you must kill will never spawn, leaving you unable to finish this new quest. Ever.

Did you do Boethiah's quest and get the Ebony Mail already?
#8Unwanted_TouchnPosted 4/8/2013 6:50:11 PM
Mushroom87 posted...
Unwanted_Touchn posted...

though I like your attitude, no.

how many days should I wait? 2-3 or is it long enough that I should do other quests?

This time with seriousness, I think it's either 10 or 30 in-game days for places to respawn enemies. Do other quests, come back in 10 days, save before entering, check for enemies, if no enemies; reload, come back in another 20 days. I could be wrong with the days though. I know it's longer than 3.
---
Do what makes you happy. Because at the end, who's there? You.
#9Mushroom87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:59:21 PM
LordTrinen posted...
Knifepoint Ridge is a location you must visit as part of the Boethiah Daedric quest. If you completed this first the bandit leader you must kill will never spawn, leaving you unable to finish this new quest. Ever.

I hate you. seriously? infact boethiahs quest was the one I did right before joining the companions.
---
#10LordTrinenPosted 4/8/2013 7:07:14 PM
Mushroom87 posted...
LordTrinen posted...

I hate you. seriously? infact boethiahs quest was the one I did right before joining the companions.

Don't shoot the messenger but yes, that is a big glitch. I once got this glitch when trying to become Thane of Falkreath. The Jarl sent me there to kill the bandit leader but I had long since completed the Boethiah quest so he never appeared.

There weren't any old saves I could reload so I was stuck with never becoming Thane. I guess you have a bigger issue this time. Try talking to whoever gave you the quest. I think you can cancel it and ask for a new one.