Dawnguard Question

#1dustman123Posted 4/9/2013 2:20:39 PM
so I've gone this whole time without downloading dragonborn or dawnguard (I did get hearthfire though, just wanted to be able to build a house) and I know I want to try them out, especially dragonborn. I'm having a hang-up however as to whether or not I want to get Dawnguard; it looks cool, adds new things to the mix, etc. but I've heard that depending how long you go without finishing the Dawnguard questline you open yourself up to having towns ransacked by vampires. My question is, how often does that happen? will they destroy more and more towns the longer I put it off? will they really kill important people or just random townsfolk who were useless anyway? If my worst fears about this DLC are true then idk if I would even want to buy it.
---
Some people think they can out-smart me. maybe... maybe. I have yet to meet one who can out-smart bullet! HA HA... CRY SOME MORE!
#2Stormvale12Posted 4/9/2013 2:34:07 PM
dustman123 posted...
so I've gone this whole time without downloading dragonborn or dawnguard (I did get hearthfire though, just wanted to be able to build a house) and I know I want to try them out, especially dragonborn. I'm having a hang-up however as to whether or not I want to get Dawnguard; it looks cool, adds new things to the mix, etc. but I've heard that depending how long you go without finishing the Dawnguard questline you open yourself up to having towns ransacked by vampires. My question is, how often does that happen? will they destroy more and more towns the longer I put it off? will they really kill important people or just random townsfolk who were useless anyway? If my worst fears about this DLC are true then idk if I would even want to buy it.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1426043-a-few-notes-on-vampire-attacks-for-those-interested/
---
White 2 FC: 1679 3141 2693
#3silverhunter16Posted 4/9/2013 2:41:40 PM
While vampires do attack towns, it's usually only a group of 3 enemies that actually attack at any random moment during the hours of 7pm to 5am but have been known to attack in the morning as well. The group of three can consist of a head vampire and 2 mortal thralls or 2 special hounds that are added with the Dawnguard dlc called Death hound which have a perma-frost cloak on.

Similar to dragon attacks in towns, they will attack any and all NPCs outside during these attacks and can potentially kill shopkeepers and other minor quest givers. These attacks begin as early as level 8.

Personally these attacks are easy to fight because you can use the turn undead spells or enchanted weapons on the dogs and vampires to prevent most people from dying at low levels and at higher levels your strong enough to kill them without much problem. Just never fast travel into a town if you'd get there at night and than just wait til morning until you've completed the DLC to prevent the attacks but truthfully the attacks are heavily exaggerated.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.