Take part in my Character Development (If you would)

#1Jakobs_FodderPosted 4/9/2013 9:31:01 PM
Which of these Destruction School branches should my character specialize? - Results (26 votes)
Fire, burn all those that oppose him or those he serves in a holy flame.
30.77% (8 votes)
Shock, Disentigrate and destroy entirely the heretics.
30.77% (8 votes)
Frost, entomb the non-believers in a block of ice tgat you may shatter their lives and beliefs.
3.85% (1 votes)
Chose all three.
15.38% (4 votes)
Chose a different school.
19.23% (5 votes)
Dummy, just use shouts.
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm wrapping up my paladin of Auri-El character and am looking for opinions on how my next paladin should be played, in your opinions.

I had the flame tree down packed. Used mostly for role playing the character. It was a tone of fun getting more out of my enchantments and flame cloak.

I could fit Shock in and make it work....

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out frost though. Maybe those of you who vote frost could contribute your reasoning...?
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#2DurnehviirPosted 4/9/2013 10:16:30 PM
Hmm...flame is one vote less than shock. There must be something in missing....

its interesting to see frost isn't completely neglected.

---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#3silverhunter16Posted 4/9/2013 10:46:12 PM
I've always preferred shock spells to fire just because it's instant. I also think it fits better for a paladin as disintegration seems like a "purification" of something as opposed to simply burning something to death; seems more cruel to burn something to death as they try to run away than simply disintegrating it in a final blow.

Frost I couldn't justify at all for a paladin build because of it's nature. To freeze something to death seems slow and would arguably be also seen as cruel as fire because you paralyze them as you slowly drain them of the rest of their life; they're alive and see you slowly killing them, not at all holy.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#4Evil_SandwichPosted 4/9/2013 11:14:26 PM(edited)
Use all three. Why?

Because certain enemies resist certain elements while others have weaknesses to them so by using all three elements you'll be able to most damage in any situation.

Ignore anyone who says otherwise...

EDIT: Heh, didn't see that you said you were playing a Paladin...(thought this was a magey type character).

Well, in that case ignore everything I said before and just use fire (does the most damage to Undead).
#5RebelElite791Posted 4/9/2013 11:09:31 PM
silverhunter16 posted...
I've always preferred shock spells to fire just because it's instant. I also think it fits better for a paladin as disintegration seems like a "purification" of something as opposed to simply burning something to death; seems more cruel to burn something to death as they try to run away than simply disintegrating it in a final blow.

Frost I couldn't justify at all for a paladin build because of it's nature. To freeze something to death seems slow and would arguably be also seen as cruel as fire because you paralyze them as you slowly drain them of the rest of their life; they're alive and see you slowly killing them, not at all holy.

Ehhh, holy/cleansing/purifying fire fits more than shock imo.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/yKTKfeq.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg
#6DurnehviirPosted 4/9/2013 11:28:24 PM
silverhunter16 posted...

I agree with Rebel, I see what you mean, however.

Humane kills it seems.

I would think that if someone invoked the wrath of a god, their death at the hand of the servant should not be humane.
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#7Mick65Posted 4/9/2013 11:38:13 PM
Burn in Hell.
---
JAFO