That moment when you first realized that you can't...(Dawnguard spoilers)

#1General_TimPosted 4/9/2013 10:42:50 PM
Marry Serana. Mine was,...son of a #&*?%. She is one of the best females in the game. She is nice, but will speak her mind. She talks in a normal tone, unlike Aela. PLUS she CANNOT be killed. I mean come on Beth' get that stick out of your arse.
---
Now see what you've done. You've gone and made me immortal.
Superman FTW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA
#2DurnehviirPosted 4/9/2013 10:54:11 PM
ITT: Late on the pickup.
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#3Big_Brownie25Posted 4/9/2013 11:35:03 PM
Senna can't be killed either....

But yeah Serana apparently needs to stay in the friend zone. Hell she even gives plenty of reasons as to why she doesn't want to get married.

And come on man....you killed her daddy, that's got to have at least some affect on her decision.
#4TarentulaPosted 4/10/2013 12:08:00 AM(edited)
"This is gorgeous, I'm glad you're here with me"

Let's get married and have ma BABIES!!!
#5EvrayPosted 4/10/2013 1:03:34 AM
Big_Brownie25 posted...
Senna can't be killed either....

But yeah Serana apparently needs to stay in the friend zone. Hell she even gives plenty of reasons as to why she doesn't want to get married.

And come on man....you killed her daddy, that's got to have at least some affect on her decision.

True but pretty much no other women in the game actually treat you with affection in their quests. Serana has actual dialogue pertaining to caring for you or enjoying your company and so on. Most other characters say what the rest of their group does. Aela treats you like a shield brother not a possible spouse in any way.

Pretty much every character its just like "Hey I got this amulet wanna marry me?" there is no dialogue prior to asking for marriage that really gives that feeling. Sure afterwards they call you honey or whatever and make you food but everyone does that once your married.

Serana has relationship dialogue written into her quest yet you can't marry her. I get WHY she doesn't want to get married but it is kind of like they made the only well written relationship dialogue for a character who you cant have one with.
---
If the Giants win I'll close my account. Promise. Super Bowl 2012- Erik P 2/5/2012 at 3:31:41 PM. Account Status, Active.
#6PootbirdPosted 4/10/2013 1:10:30 AM
My character would never get married anyways, he is a high elf anyways.
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
Do you meet a reasonable person on gamefaqs very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't.
#7silverhunter16Posted 4/10/2013 5:18:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8turn_basedPosted 4/10/2013 5:46:07 AM
General_Tim posted...
Marry Serana. Mine was,...son of a #&*?%. She is one of the best females in the game. She is nice, but will speak her mind. She talks in a normal tone, unlike Aela. PLUS she CANNOT be killed. I mean come on Beth' get that stick out of your arse.

I didn't have that moment. You did. And to permanently cement your loser status you posted your dissappointment on a message board. Job well done, General Lonesome.
#9WvethPosted 4/10/2013 5:59:41 AM
I think this is an interesting comment on how much Beth sucks at writing.

Serana is decently written, but "decent" is far above any actual marriage candidate in the game xD

I imagine if you married Serana everyone in town would get suspicious since she'd, y'know, keep the house clean by resurrecting the nearby dead.
---
Wveth!
#10bcoulter1994Posted 4/10/2013 6:08:32 AM
ive been running under the assumption that marrage in skyrim is just a buisness relation ship and infact in no way sexual hense why every charactor is willing to marry you, would it make any sence that every singlr person in skyrim is bisexual? no but at the ceramony you dont even kiss or shake hands even. and there arnt even terribly stupid sex scenes like in fable. so if any thing you should be complimented that she doesnt whant to marry you.
---
The first game i remember playing is OOT so Im the best kind of biased