Skyrim would have reviewed a lot higher if it didn't have a difficulty slider

#141sunbro1Posted 4/11/2013 5:35:33 AM
RavensRules69 posted...
I really can't believe this thread didn't lose what little credibility it had and die when TC used Fable as an example of something a hardcore RPGer would play.

I'm pretty sure its GameFAQs against me. Nobody really cares about TC much or at least they shouldn't.
---
Ours is the fury
#142Carruth81Posted 4/11/2013 6:27:38 AM
Q Slick posted...
charlton3k posted...
Am I the only one that plays this on the easiest setting?
I play this game a lot, some of the best weapons and armor and high skills, but it still takes ages to kill someone, and a group of enemies can easily defeat me.
Now there's the new legendary difficulty too >.<

I've played a total of 780 hours across five characters (just looked at the time stamps on them to add them up), almost entirely on Novice. I enjoy it just fine that way; and since I see no tangible reward for upping the difficulty, I haven't.

Same here. Only just bothered with the thing when I saw my new Orc barbarian was rinsing through everything in his path with a great sword and fur armor without a scratch. I just never bother snce the game scales as I level anyway. And the only skill I power leveled was smithing to get the perk to improve magical gear.
And as a casual gamer who hates COD and has played Dark Souls and Skyrim this topic is full of lols for me
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents
#143Justin2KrelianPosted 4/11/2013 6:38:02 AM
sunbro1 posted...
clone11 posted...
The difficulty slider has been part of these games since Morrowind. No one is forcing you to use it and no one should be forced to play on the difficulty that you want.

Considering I know people who find this game hard to play on novice, I'd say the ability to change your difficult is a very good thing.

Srsly sick of "hardcore" gamers thinking everything should be their way.

I'd also point out that this has a 96 on metacritic, while Dark Souls, a game with a single difficulty, only has an 89, so no, I don't think it would have reviewed better.

Reviewers usually suck and are biased however player reviews are-
8.2 Skyrim --- 8.5 Dark souls

Where? Skyrim usually gets higher user scores than Dark Souls.
#144sunbro1Posted 4/11/2013 6:44:35 AM
Justin2Krelian posted...
sunbro1 posted...
clone11 posted...
The difficulty slider has been part of these games since Morrowind. No one is forcing you to use it and no one should be forced to play on the difficulty that you want.

Considering I know people who find this game hard to play on novice, I'd say the ability to change your difficult is a very good thing.

I'd also point out that this has a 96 on metacritic, while Dark Souls, a game with a single difficulty, only has an 89, so no, I don't think it would have reviewed better.

Metacritic, however Metacritic sucks and makes stuff up.
---
Ours is the fury
#145Bane766Posted 4/11/2013 6:45:49 AM
Why do we HAVE to play your way or no way? Why are you saying this game would be better with less options. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. If you don't have the willpower to play on a higher difficulty than that isn't my problem...it's yours.

And stop whinging about professional reviews. Skyrim IS higher rated than DS. Deal with it. Ugh DS fan boys are so annoying. You are NOT hardcore...you are just think you are.
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#146Carruth81Posted 4/11/2013 6:48:25 AM
sunbro1 posted...
Justin2Krelian posted...
sunbro1 posted...
clone11 posted...

So citing helped your argument how...?
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents
#147sunbro1Posted 4/11/2013 7:01:18 AM
Carruth81 posted...
sunbro1 posted...
Justin2Krelian posted...
sunbro1 posted...
clone11 posted...

So citing helped your argument how...?

I was using players reviews not the actual reviewers
---
Ours is the fury
#148SoulOfFaythPosted 4/11/2013 7:09:25 AM
I haven't seen much of sunbro yet but I think he might be a bigger idiot than oil rope bombs
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#149sunbro1Posted 4/11/2013 7:11:49 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
I haven't seen much of sunbro yet but I think he might be a bigger idiot than oil rope bombs

Thanks for insulting my intelligence based on opinions of a video game.
---
Ours is the fury
#150Cvdf3Posted 4/11/2013 7:47:14 AM(edited)
Bane766 posted...
Why do we HAVE to play your way or no way? Why are you saying this game would be better with less options. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. If you don't have the willpower to play on a higher difficulty than that isn't my problem...it's yours.

And stop whinging about professional reviews. Skyrim IS higher rated than DS. Deal with it. Ugh DS fan boys are so annoying. You are NOT hardcore...you are just think you are.

alright I can't help it

you DkS lack of difficulty selection has almost nothing to do with the game's perceived difficulty right?..
---
A bladeless, thick mass of iron used for smashing.