why is everyone rooting for a fallout 4 announcement? Skyrim needs more dlcs

#21Ajd_KingPosted 4/11/2013 10:37:22 AM
cybersub0 posted...
Welll its ment to be a dull dead place since a nuke fell what do you expect forests and rivers clearly after nuke falls the area is well shaved of life then after a few 100 years the area is better but poisoning still remains and well take the the crater of comets even still poisoning remains and the posiond area is with life but the animals still look preety differint the posioning plays rubiks with our DNA but if you're saying wich game is better its fallout

Dude.
---
"I dream of a future where French people can stuff their asses full of noodles without having their motives questioned."
- Magicalyn, Cracked
#22INFRARED PYTHONPosted 4/11/2013 10:38:56 AM
MC2011 posted...
Skyrim has been a successful disappointment, Fallout 4 is a new hope.

Chances are, Fallout 4 will be a successful disappointment.

---
This message has been brought to you from my Galaxy Nexus
#23turn_basedPosted 4/11/2013 10:39:55 AM
pcmike2 posted...
turn_based posted...
sunbro1 posted...
pcmike2 posted...
that there was no good vs evil like brotherhood of steel vs enclave.

Pay attention

Keep that statement in the context of his entire post, he was comparing BoS from 3 to the BoS of NV. Or maybe I just think too much or too little, either way, 15 minutes until...

Yea that's what I meant. New Vegas had different tribes and groups you choose to ally with. Fo3 was basically good vs evil

Figured.

Side note: I'm wonderfully full, lunch was dee-licious, y'all missed it!
#24HoonDingPosted 4/11/2013 10:41:47 AM
Skyrim has been a successful disappointment, Fallout 4 is a new hope.

Chances are, Fallout 4 will be a successful disappointment.

The wind blows bitter cold in this place.
---
http://i.imgur.com/92UqGkb.jpg
#25PraetorXynPosted 4/11/2013 11:04:17 AM
Bethesda basically just needs to let Obsidian develop everything for them from now on.
Pandering to the wider audience has just ruined TES.

You can't kill essential NPC's, you can't fail any quests aside from dying (i.e. your actions can't screw you out of one unless you hit a bug), the in game journal system is so sparse that all you can do to find anything is "follow the arrow", the dungeons have about as much variety as a Hershey bar, any non-crafted item in the game can be purchased by pretty much any merchant at no loss to the player whatsoever, they removed attributes and replaced them with only Health, Magicka, and Stamina, the only choices in the game are binary choices (this side or that side), your actions don't really seem to have any broad effect on the world, etc. etc.

The leveling up is the only real "RPG" element left, and it's arguable whether the perk system is dumbing down or falls strictly within the realm of streamlining.
#26turn_basedPosted 4/11/2013 11:09:37 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Bethesda basically just needs to let Obsidian develop everything for them from now on.
Pandering to the wider audience has just ruined TES.

You can't kill essential NPC's, you can't fail any quests aside from dying (i.e. your actions can't screw you out of one unless you hit a bug), the in game journal system is so sparse that all you can do to find anything is "follow the arrow", the dungeons have about as much variety as a Hershey bar, any non-crafted item in the game can be purchased by pretty much any merchant at no loss to the player whatsoever, they removed attributes and replaced them with only Health, Magicka, and Stamina, the only choices in the game are binary choices (this side or that side), your actions don't really seem to have any broad effect on the world, etc. etc.

The leveling up is the only real "RPG" element left, and it's arguable whether the perk system is dumbing down or falls strictly within the realm of streamlining.

Huh, never thought of it like THAT before. Thanks.
#27rodman870Posted 4/11/2013 11:14:10 AM
You know they can do both. Bethesda is a pretty big company, and DLCs aren't the same as a new game.
---
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco, then a burrito. Get it right people...
#28Coop14Posted 4/11/2013 11:31:35 AM
Because I love the genre more.

Opinions man.
---
When one hates music, I question if they hate the soul. Music is undefinable, so don't try to define it for others.
#29Foreman22Posted 4/11/2013 11:39:09 AM
TC trolling Fallout 3 is funny considering Skyrim is pretty shallow. Fallout 3 had exploration down perfect. And a lot better side quest vastly better than Skyrim to boot.
#30RGPanznerPosted 4/11/2013 11:39:40 AM
I want Fallout 4 announced but I want to see at least 1 more expansion the size of Dragonnborn
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega