Dawnbreaker Build Questions

#1cronot31Posted 4/15/2013 9:45:57 PM
I'm wanting to make a build that revolves around the Dawnbreaker. What do you recommend for this build? What would be a cool name for the character? I plan on using the exploit to get a second Dawnbreaker.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10
#2Thee_Lost_OnePosted 4/15/2013 9:52:43 PM
If you're going Dual Dawnbreakers? I would suggest going full light armor, obviously, and get The anti undead Resto spells to suppliment for ranged combat.

If you're going to be going sword and board, Spellbreaker or shield of Auriel would be my suggestions. The first will allow you to handle spells and thu'ums flung at you by the varius drauger and undead, while the second would allow you to have what amounts to Full unrelenting force shout while having another equipped.
---
An Amalgamation of Contradictions!
#3cronot31(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 10:03:28 PM
Great tips, but I want to do a magicless build.
---
#4DurnehviirPosted 4/15/2013 10:19:37 PM
cronot31 posted...
Great tips, but I want to do a magicless build.

Hmm...enchanting still a negative?

I am pretty sure you could get bonus fire damage out of Dawnbreaker if you use fire enchanter.

95% sure that necromage also benefits dawnbreaker...
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#5Thee_Lost_OnePosted 4/15/2013 10:24:26 PM
If you're going to go NO magic, then i'd suggest investing in sneak and one handed early so that you can get the most out of the start of each fight. I'm assuming you'll have SOME thing in mind for ranged combat, but if Thu'ums aren't involved then I would suggest maybe picking up the skald greatblade or the Dawnguard hammer.

Either way i would still suggest the two shields for those tough fights that really do require somethign more than Dawnbreaker frenzy.

Hmm... Redguard or Nord would be the racial of choice, The first for stamina maintenance, the second for frost resist.

Orc or Khajit wouldn't be bad, Khajit being able to go hand to blade if you end up disarmed, and Orc being able to use their fury power will always help in a pinch.

I would suggest Death Stalker armor from Dragonborne DLC, it benifits dual wielding well, but self in chanted gear will always be better.

Get Enchanting up to 50 ASAP so you can invest in the perk that auto refills your weapons a bit, that'll make your dawnbreakers last a LOT longer

since their swords, when yu invest in One handed perks, make sure you grab the bonus for Swords as well as Dual wielding.

and even if you don't USE resto magic, raising it's level will help your Dawnbreakers keep their charge longer.
---
An Amalgamation of Contradictions!
#6cronot31(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 10:30:11 PM
I do plan on using Enchanting and Shouts. I didn't want to use any of the 5 schools of magic.
---
#7DurnehviirPosted 4/15/2013 10:37:49 PM
Dear topic creator,

I would say you have been thoroughly helped. X)
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#8SephirothePosted 4/15/2013 10:44:01 PM
Thee_Lost_One posted...

but self in chanted gear will always be better.
self in chanted gear
in chanted

---
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." - Buddah
#9DurnehviirPosted 4/15/2013 10:46:49 PM
NAME: Dawnbreaker (why not?), Dawnbringer, Prometheus (hey, it could work), Aura (for females), Eclipse (Kind of works, depending), Solaris.

Heavy armor: Dwemer looks great with dual wielded dawnbreaker blades.

One Handed: max out armsman, then get all blade related perks including those associated with dual wield.

Enchanting: follow center path and get fire also, it should boost dawnbreakers flame damage.

that's a very minor bit of help.

I'm on my Lumia and its a pain to text with. Hey Lumia...maybe...nah.
---
#10SephirothePosted 4/15/2013 10:51:47 PM(edited)
Augmented Flames ranks 1 and 2 in the Destruction tree will increase the fire damage that Dawnbreaker does.
---
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." - Buddah