Hearthfire and the Dark Brotherhood (read if you're affected by the bug)

#1kyboticaPosted 4/16/2013 6:08:44 PM
If you're affected by the bug in hearthfire that prevents you from purchasing property in falkreath, I'd suggest you try to do it again. See if the jarl allows you to do any more quests for him. In one of my two glitches files, he re-issued me the quest to kill the bile gulch bandit leader. After doing that, I was able to buy property again. Just figured I'd see if this helps anybody else.
---
"I mean, if I killed George Bush that wouldn't make portals to Iraq appear in my front yard." -Massany7 on Oblivion
#2OmegaPenguinX13Posted 4/16/2013 6:10:47 PM
I don't have the bug and still read. I'm a badass.
---
Your friendly Taco Bell informant.
#3kybotica(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 6:14:00 PM
Wow man! I cannot fathom the level of awesomeness that it must have taken to read this topic when you have NOTHING invested in it. Seriously, just.......wow!
---
"I mean, if I killed George Bush that wouldn't make portals to Iraq appear in my front yard." -Massany7 on Oblivion
#4DurnehviirPosted 4/16/2013 6:32:10 PM
I read it.

Didn't have the bug.
Didn't know one existed.

Did it while running/playing with some scissors that were on fire. Yeah, I know. >_>
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#5Mogga123_5Posted 4/16/2013 7:19:04 PM
Didn't know this bug existed, not asif many people will know from the topic title.
---
The mast is broken, hull is splitting, dear God the ****in' ship is sinking
#6DrNewcensteinPosted 4/17/2013 5:00:18 AM
Bought the Falkreath land before doing any of the "big" quests, so yeah, didn't know there was one.

Is this a 1.9 issue? Seems like a lot of grief over one little harmless book exploit.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#7agentspoonPosted 4/17/2013 5:20:32 AM
I don't have the bug and still read. I'm a badass.

SWAG>9000
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#8kybotica(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 8:23:10 PM
DrNewcenstein posted...
Bought the Falkreath land before doing any of the "big" quests, so yeah, didn't know there was one.

Is this a 1.9 issue? Seems like a lot of grief over one little harmless book exploit.

Is a glitch where you'd be unable to get the dialog options for land purchasing due to the jarl having a sper low disposition towards you. If you killed his previous steward, the gu with the scaled armor on, and THEN tried to purchase the home, it wouldn't let you.
---