The Volkihar questline was beyond amazing. *(Obvious spoilers)*

#1VampyreFoxPosted 4/16/2013 9:16:16 PM
From the loyal servant to the Vampire that rises up against Harkon for the sake of vampires, the story was my favorite of all the questlines.To add, It was a long questline(well for me). The rewards were pretty nice also(side and primary quest).

New areas such as the Soulcairn and Forgotten Vale had their own unique feel along with them 'feeling' (Some may argue otherwise) exceptionally large and the stories told in each deserve praise.

After a couple hours of questing you finally hold the fate of all vampires with the impressive ability of Auriel's Bow with Sun Hallowed/Blood Cursed Arrows.

The radiant quest were much better than typical fetch quest in my opinion. You get to make your spouse a vampire!Regulate the activities of the thin-blooded vampires, frame the dawnguard, and power up the bloodstone chalice. Not to mention the rings of blood magic and the necklaces of nightpower (though I prefer the rings).

Though I would have enjoyed the potions of blood and vampire's seduction new feeding ability had it stage 4 vampirism still been a problem, they are pretty darn cool feeding alternatives.

The ending of Touching The Sky was a nice little twist along with the battle and venturing through Auriel's Chapel, has created a memorise moment for me.

Only thing I disliked was the long quest through the dwarven ruin with all those darn falmer! Same with Blackreach; ended up rushing through.

I don't know, maybe y'all thought it was horrible but I enjoyed it.
---
Lithium
#2TrialZero654Posted 4/16/2013 9:23:29 PM
the Forgotten Vale is indeed one of the best areas in the game IMO, very memorable and very beautiful

plus the end rewards, the Ancient Falmer Armor, and Auriel's Bow, are hands down the most beautiful equipment in the game for me, with any new character i usually do the Dawnguard questline before most anything else because the rewards are so gorgeous and look great on most any character

Auriel's Bow especially is the most beautiful weapon in the game for me, no matter how much i want to use other weapons or styles, i always find myself going back to it, it's so much fun to use with Sunhallowed Arrows, i feel like some sort of divine avenger, gifted with the power of a god
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#3VampyreFox(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 9:37:27 PM
TrialZero654 posted...
the Forgotten Vale is indeed one of the best areas in the game IMO, very memorable and very beautiful

plus the end rewards, the Ancient Falmer Armor, and Auriel's Bow, are hands down the most beautiful equipment in the game for me, with any new character i usually do the Dawnguard questline before most anything else because the rewards are so gorgeous and look great on most any character

Auriel's Bow especially is the most beautiful weapon in the game for me, no matter how much i want to use other weapons or styles, i always find myself going back to it, it's so much fun to use with Sunhallowed Arrows, i feel like some sort of divine avenger, gifted with the power of a god

I know right? I would put it on a weapon rack but I don`t want to risk losing it because it`s so beautiful.
---
Lithium
#4MrcTOtheJPosted 4/16/2013 9:52:20 PM
I went Dawnguard side first, and am currently runing my first Vamp though, and I must say I find the rewards to be better. Maybe it's solely because I'm running a mage though and the Ring of Erudide is bloody amazing on a mage, or maybe it was because I ran though DG on the DG side as a level 81 battle mage, who really didn't need any of the rewards from that side, sans spells, and Armor.

Where as the Auriel's Bow, Soul Cairn Items, Falmer armor and such where available on both sides I don't count them for that.

All in all I'm enjoying both sides, taking my time as a vamp to get all of the items from the side quests first though. Had the DLC since late feb and have only gone though it once lol.
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, NFS:MW 2012
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2
#5lenmuttPosted 4/17/2013 5:38:00 AM
I was shocked how much i disliked the Volkihar! :(

love the rings and vampire lord form

Fura Bloodmouth was great

but i feel like castle volkihar should have been inside/underneath a glacier out in the ocean near winter hold

I didn't understand why you don't get a single volkihar follower like say Fura Bloodmouth! I mean yeah you get the pups and I adore them but got pissy when I realized the huskey's stats out rank them by a lot

and once you destroy the DG which was pretty fun :D they never attack you randomly anymore :(

also i wanted to end the tyranny of the sun forever since i had my vamp for a loooong time before DG and wasn't clear on why harkon sword was a katana? and why dont the vamps lay claim to fort dg?

But my minor complains aside before DG was released I had both a vamp and a vamp hunter and the quest lines were VERY fun adding good spells for new RPs some nice equipment

the vale which i freaking adore!! and some fun characters Like Durnivire, Serana, Fura Bloodmouth <3 the DG *glares at the lame volkihar cast*

over all DG pros out weighed the cons ^_^ the only major thing that irked me is it starts kinda too soon

still havent finished on the DG side all the way
#6VampyreFox(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 3:26:15 PM
^ I too was a vampire before DG, from the beggining actually. And I`m actually gonna avoid the quest where you destroy the dawnguard because I miss them too :( I just assumed Harkon`s sword was a katana because he may have jaked it from the moth priest but I soon found out the moth priest still had his sword. I also assumed you don`t get other vampires as followers because... ya know, we work alone and avoid fighting eachother over who gets the kill? yep
---
Lithium
#7lenmuttPosted 4/17/2013 5:22:50 PM
VampyreFox posted...
^ I too was a vampire before DG, from the beggining actually. And I`m actually gonna avoid the quest where you destroy the dawnguard because I miss them too :( I just assumed Harkon`s sword was a katana because he may have jaked it from the moth priest but I soon found out the moth priest still had his sword. I also assumed you don`t get other vampires as followers because... ya know, we work alone and avoid fighting eachother over who gets the kill? yep

his sword does have a molag bal look which is cool but idunno juts seems odd

still wish i could team up with fura xD i'd let her get the kills

and destroying them is so fun but makes me feel like the villain with no hero... :(
#8HentaiMan3Posted 4/18/2013 1:44:15 AM
My hentai collection is amazing ;). What is your favorite?
---
Skyrim cute =3
http://i.imgur.com/mz2GSse.jpg
#9Mortuss_ZeroPosted 4/18/2013 7:01:45 AM
HentaiMan3 posted...

Wait, what?
---
Wake up and face me. Don't play dead, because maybe one day I will walk away and say "you disappoint me, maybe you're better off this way"
#10MC2011Posted 4/18/2013 7:22:12 AM

http://i.imgur.com/ZzsVtw5.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/zHLma5j.jpg
You're next...