Can't Get Married

#1wyntersolsticePosted 4/18/2013 12:57:35 PM
This is my second time playing Skyrim, thought I'd try playing a dark elf this time. First time I was a Nord and I had no problems getting married at all, I married Farkas.

This time my dark elf is trying to marry Marcurio. Hired him for a while, got the amulet, asked him to marry me, went to the temple and everything is good to go. Now I wait 24 hours, so in and nothing happens. Marcurio is there talking about how it's our wedding day, all the guests are saying congrats but the priest is just standing there, doing nothing. I wait and I wait and then get the failed mission.

So, I try again, over and over. I've taken the amulet off, I've left Riften, I've waited in the temple and outside the temple. None of my followers are dead so there are no dead bodies like a lot of people with the problem. I've watched several YouTube videos and did the same thing they did but it seems like it's just not meant to be.

I've even gotten a few signs that this marriage just isn't going to happen. A dragon attacked Riften as I was standing outside in the stable waiting for the wedding to start. It's like The Gods are against me.

Sadly, I'm wearing the wedding dress that I stole from The Emperor's cousin after I killed her..I suppose the wedding is cursed.
#2spikethedevilPosted 4/18/2013 1:38:16 PM(edited)
You need to be at the temple at around 6-8am the day after you confirm the wedding at the temple
---
A garbage pod!? Its a smegging garbage pod!
#3wyntersolstice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 7:25:38 PM
Nope...tried that..didn't work.
#4wyntersolstice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:24:23 PM
Just thought of something...I have Lydia as a follower and Selena is also following me because I haven't brought her back to her father yet. Could that be affecting this? I'm trying to marry someone else now and I'm having the same problem.
#5TrialZero654Posted 4/18/2013 9:54:10 PM
wyntersolstice posted...
Just thought of something...I have Lydia as a follower and Selena is also following me because I haven't brought her back to her father yet. Could that be affecting this? I'm trying to marry someone else now and I'm having the same problem.

why not take her back and see? and dismiss lydia while you're at it til after the wedding

it sounds like you've tried many things already, if this is the one thing you haven;'t tried..... makes sense to try it
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#6wyntersolstice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:20:00 AM
Oooookay. I got rid of Lydia and tried taking Serena back to the castle. Her father offered to make me a Vampire Lord..I accept and then, nothing happens. I'm stuck in the castle because all the doors are locked. Seems like my game has some serious issues.
#7PairedsnakePosted 4/19/2013 11:26:37 AM
Show a little leg
#8SpeciaLxAPosted 4/19/2013 12:31:05 PM
Have you tried deleting the updates?
---
RIP Dr. Jerry Buss 1933-2013
GT - aLteezy
#9wyntersolstice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 3:00:31 PM
Well, I put on the Tavern clothes, which is rather sexy..didn't help. :-P

Pardon my blondness, but how do I delete the patches?
#10The_Ivory_ManPosted 4/19/2013 3:11:15 PM
You got the amulet from what's his name?
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature