i'd like to throw a big "**** you" out to bethesda today.

#1PillsberyDoeManPosted 4/18/2013 11:49:22 PM
237 hours later, i realize that i can't obtain an achievement because some of these daedric artifacts are missable. i'm assuming i've claimed 14 of them thus far, but my memory is only so good after racking up that many hours of game time.

(12) - for sure: Azura's Star, Dawnbreaker, Ebony Blade, Ebony Mail, Mace of Molag Bal, Masque of Clavicus Vile, Oghma Infinium, Ring of Namira, Savior's Hide, Spellbreaker, Volendrung, Wabbajack.

(2) - assuming obtained: Sanguine Rose (quest completed), Skull of Corruption (quest completed)

(1) - missed: Mehrunes' Razor (quest completed)

i'm sorry, but is this type of punishment the usual with bethesda games? i can't complete about 8 quests because of glitches and now this. i can't even exploit that Wolf mission to get the Ring of Hircine, alongside the Savior's Hide because i completed it like 150 hours ago.

seriously, what the **** do i do here? i'm not starting a new character so i can replay all of these missions again and then some, to obtain ONE item i missed. if the game wasn't so damn big, i probably wouldn't have had an issue with it, but it IS big. i'm hoping someone here has some good news for me.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#2Demigod_ElessarPosted 4/18/2013 11:52:37 PM
I missed the Oblivion Walker achievement on my main character as well... but I had no problem just creating a new character and working on doing those quests again. Don't know why you are freaking out so much, it's not THAT big of a deal.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#3PillsberyDoeMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:58:43 PM(edited)
you know what, that's not even the real issue here. i spent this much time playing the game, and because i can't get ONE ****ing item, i'm denied the oblivion trophy AND the platinum trophy. it's ridiculous. ONE item. ONE.

how long would it take to do those missions all over from the beginning anyway. 15? 20 hours total?
---
#4uNc0nTr011aB13Posted 4/19/2013 12:01:14 AM
Start a new character and just play through without thinking of the trophy/item. You'll get it in no time.
---
Take the idiot test; read line below for instructions.
Take the idiot test; read line above for instructions.
#5DurnehviirPosted 4/19/2013 12:07:18 AM
ITT: It pays to have foresight. AND Back-UPS.

*Is being a hypocrite, has one master save*
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#6TrialZero654Posted 4/19/2013 12:13:46 AM
Achievements are, by definition, supposed to be like little badges of honor, if you missed your chance to get one that's you're own fault, if you specifically went into the game to get achievements, you should have been keeping track, and making sure you did things right

i know it might be confusing, given how casual games these days have gotten with handing out trophies and achievements like stickers in kindergarten to keep players hooked on their line, but they have absolutely no obligation to give them to you

if you missed your chance, and you don't have saves that go back far enough to fix your mistake, you only have one option, and that's to just suck it up and start a new game
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#7PillsberyDoeMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 12:16:33 AM
hmm. kinda hard to explain what i just went through these last two minutes, but ya, don't care anymore. i'm done with this game. thanks anyways guys.
---
#8TrialZero654Posted 4/19/2013 12:17:53 AM
also, i'd just like to remark on the colossal arrogance you have, to go into a game assuming that none of the achievements (which, remember, are purely optional "content") would be miss-able, as if the game has an obligation to make it easy on you

kids these days...
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
#9Demigod_ElessarPosted 4/19/2013 12:21:04 AM(edited)
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
hmm. kinda hard to explain what i just went through these last two minutes, but ya, don't care anymore. i'm done with this game. thanks anyways guys.

As I said, I went through the exact same thing as you did. My master file is over 200 hours long, and I do not have every daedric artifact on it.

I had to start a brand new file and get Oblivion Walker on that character; it was the only achievement I didn't have for like a month (to get 1000/1000). Was it annoying? Yes. Was I ticked off? Yes. Did I hate the game because of it? No. I sucked it up, and just got it on my second character.

So I'm telling you now, you are overreacting.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#10TrialZero654Posted 4/19/2013 12:20:18 AM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...

if it took you 237 hours to get around to maybe looking up information on the achievements you wanted to get, when all that information has been readily available for over 2 years, then you deserve the frustration you're feeling right now

so... bye
---