Dragonscale armor in Morrowind

#1LEGEND_725Posted 4/19/2013 10:23:13 PM
I'm playing through morrowind again with heavy modding like graphics overhaul and the GCD (so much fun and why couldnt the devs think of a leveling system like this?) and I've came across some medium armor that is called "dragonscale tower shield" and such. Since there are no dragons in Morrowind's time period what exactly does this mean?
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .
#2HoonDingPosted 4/19/2013 10:37:58 PM
You sure it wasn't added by a mod? I know in vanilla Morrowind, there's a Dragonscale Cuirass as an artifact with some fat fire resistance and what have you.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#3AddictedToXboxPosted 4/19/2013 10:46:59 PM
Morrowind had Imperial Dragonscale armor. The set had a helm, shield, and cuirass. Kinda ugly, if you ask me.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#4turn_basedPosted 4/19/2013 10:47:41 PM
Should be a helm, cuirass, and shield.

Iirc.

It is vanilla, though, for sure.
#5LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:06:04 PM
100% sure it is not a mod. It's medium armor and likely your first encounter is the shield on like the third fighters quest where you kill the telvanni agents in the cave (probably thieves guild since Eydis Fire-eye is in with Camonna Tong.)

The armor itself can't be DRAGONSCALE of course but maybe it is called so because it's really tough and dragons were supposed to be harbringers of endtimes? not sure but I was wondering if any lore masters knew haha
---
#6LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:08:22 PM
Dragonscale tower shield scroll down to medium sheilds

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Base_Armor#Medium_Shields

Medium Helmet- Dragonscale imperial helmet

etc
---
#7RebelElite791Posted 4/19/2013 11:09:48 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...

The armor itself can't be DRAGONSCALE of course but maybe it is called so because it's really tough and dragons were supposed to be harbringers of endtimes? not sure but I was wondering if any lore masters knew haha

Of course it can. You do realize dragons were plentiful in the distant past, right? Not illogical to assume that some remains were used for high-quality, rare armor.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/JAEbWQN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg
#8LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:12:28 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

Of course it can. You do realize dragons were plentiful in the distant past, right? Not illogical to assume that some remains were used for high-quality, rare armor.

Haha I was looking for you. But how long before the time period of Morrowind was dragons last seen? (worded poorly haha). Also why is it inferior to orcish/dreugh/indoril since dragons are so powerful and the armor is best or same quality as deadric in skyrim. Or is lore taking a back seat to gameplay here.
---
#9AddictedToXboxPosted 4/19/2013 11:18:27 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...

Tiber Septim had a pact with dragons, so they were present at some point in his Empire. In fact, Imperial Battlemages used to use dragons as mounts. See Starlover's Log. Also, I can't remember the source, but I believe the Akaviri brought dragon mounts to Tamriel when they invaded. Not entirely sure, though. Could be a figment of my imagination.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#10RebelElite791Posted 4/19/2013 11:20:54 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

Haha I was looking for you. But how long before the time period of Morrowind was dragons last seen? (worded poorly haha). Also why is it inferior to orcish/dreugh/indoril since dragons are so powerful and the armor is best or same quality as deadric in skyrim. Or is lore taking a back seat to gameplay here.

The latter, I assume.

it *is* possible that it's not actually dragon, but we know from Skyrim that their remains or the items made from them certainly aren't impossible to find.

It was about 3000 years from the end of the Dragon War to Morrowind, iirc
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/JAEbWQN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg