Ultimate(?) Warrior thread (SPOLIERS probably)

#1RvLasttimePosted 4/20/2013 12:30:36 PM
Just need some help seeing the paths to being an overpowered warrior.

Right now I am:

Nord
lvl 15
Werewolf - sided with dawn guard
Stormcloak
Two-Handed, Heavy Armor, Smiting(1 point into it so far) (lots of left over perks)

I'm looking for some helpful guidance on how to maximize my potential, things to look forward to...
(werewolf, vampire, or staying human)
(Armor sets and pieces I would want) (including rinks / necklace)
(Weapons I should look at)
(Where the heck to put all the extra points I have piling in)

I've cleared everything except Companions, main story, and 1st Dragonborn with other playthroughs and I just have no clue about what I should be looking forward to...
---
Apparently The Warden and Hawke went on to join Revan and The Exile in their fight against The True Sith. I expect Sheppard to join them soon- Cheator13
#2RvLasttime(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:20:45 PM
bump for tips <3
---
Apparently The Warden and Hawke went on to join Revan and The Exile in their fight against The True Sith. I expect Sheppard to join them soon- Cheator13
#3PootbirdPosted 4/20/2013 2:26:30 PM
Resto-looping.
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
I am the pootbird, Pootbird is deadly, now you know why you shouldn't talk to me like that.
#4RvLasttime(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:27:55 PM
preferably without cheating.
---
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 4/20/2013 3:10:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffXJodvm66E

Regular enchanting would do wonders for your damage.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage
#6theonyxphoenixPosted 4/20/2013 3:26:22 PM
RvLasttime posted...
Just need some help seeing the paths to being an overpowered warrior.

Right now I am:

Nord
lvl 15
Werewolf - sided with dawn guard
Stormcloak
Two-Handed, Heavy Armor, Smiting(1 point into it so far) (lots of left over perks)

I'm looking for some helpful guidance on how to maximize my potential, things to look forward to...
(werewolf, vampire, or staying human)
(Armor sets and pieces I would want) (including rinks / necklace)
(Weapons I should look at)
(Where the heck to put all the extra points I have piling in)

I've cleared everything except Companions, main story, and 1st Dragonborn with other playthroughs and I just have no clue about what I should be looking forward to...

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1092689/

In all seriousness, though...

- If you are wanting to be a werewolf then pick up some Alteration and get Ebonyflesh. Cast it before transforming and by the time you hit level 50 werewolves can pretty much decimate anything.

- The difference between steel weapons and dragonbone weapons is only a matter of a few points of damage. Find something you like aesthetically and only put smithing perks in to the tree that will allow you to temper that kind of weapon. Same with armor. Any armor can reach the cap.

- If unique weapons is more your style then complete the Companions questline or the Daedric artifact quests for some good 2H weapons. Also, for the hammer with the fastest swing speed "Longhammer", and therefore a high potential for damage output especially coupled with the elemental fury shout head to Liar's Retreat. Beware though as it is full of falmer and can be a challenge if you aren't prepared.

- Check the useful info sticky to see how many perks you will need to put in your armor skill to reach the cap for your chosen armor. Put 5/5 in to your 2H skill. You want to focus on one of your groupings (1H, 2H, or Archery), (Light, Heavy, or Alteration), and Alchemy or Restoration for healing. Going 2H I would recommend Alchemy since you can heal without having to switch out your weapon. Also block would be good since blocking with a 2H weapon is pretty much the same as a shield. All block perks except Elemental Protection and Deflect Arrows apply to 2H weapons.
---
He doesn't row.
#7RvLasttime(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 8:30:38 PM
Thank you very much for the helpful post.

And yep, I've been through your sticky ^_^

-From what I'm seeing, Werewolf is good for dealing with giants, but otherwise, being human is just as equal.
-Was looking at the Ebony Blade (can't get as stormcloke), but I have no other weapons I want in my sights (I'll look into Longhammer) And that's probably my 2nd biggest thing (with what armor to get) (been using skysteel long sword since lvl 2... no upgrades /sigh)

I'm not used to games where all gear is equal. (/cough dark souls /cough) So I'm having such a hard time finishing this game when I have no items/gear to really look forward to. The story isn't bad but the quests are just a fetch this, kill this, be very disappointed with the mage guild ending ^_^

thanks again
---
#8HighOnPhazonPosted 4/20/2013 8:52:17 PM
Two handed warriors are really fun and powerful. Get the perks in two handed to increase power attack damage, reduce stamina for power attacks, get the perk that gives you a critical charge attack then get sweep at 70. With heavy armor you'll be unstoppable! I would Smith your gear. Get up to Dragonbone for a Dragonbone Greatsword.
You should be able to buy items that increase your two handed damage like rings and gloves. Enchanting is a good if not utterly overpowered means of boosting your damage and health etc. It's easy to level too. Just stock up on common and petty gems and get yourself a Soul trap weapon, and go raid some Draugr ruins. Soul level and soul gem size do not matter when it comes to the exp you gain. Now once you want to make your own serious enchantments, use grand souls.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#9HighOnPhazonPosted 4/20/2013 8:55:34 PM
Also doing smithing overtime as your character grows is something to look forward to, because despite what the guy above said, the damage difference is much greater than just a few points. Armor value can be reached with Steel though.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear