is destruction really that underpowered when you consider...

#1ItsYerBoyPosted 4/21/2013 3:32:27 PM
That legendary dragonbone weapons only do damage in the 70-80 range when you upgrade them normally (with the appropriate perks in one-handed and smithing, and without enchanting and alchemizing your smithing skill), while the expert destruction spells deal 90 damage with the appropriate perks.

However, that being said, I started a new character on legendary difficulty. And while I only have the novice destruction spells at this point, I've noticed that these spells seem to do little more than tickle my opponents. I've never played very far with a character that uses destruction. Is it going to feel this way for the entire game? Even when I get the expert spells? And if an expert destruction spell really does more damage per hit than regular weopons do, why does it still feel underpowered? Does it end up doing less dps? Plus the fact that you miss more often?
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/Rasty
http://www.twitter.com/RastySaysHi
#2hoax123Posted 4/21/2013 3:35:41 PM
Its not about the damage its about the impact. As long as you can stunlock every single enemy in the game, you are invincible, hence it does not matter if the damage is a little bit low.
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#3Billy-De-KidPosted 4/21/2013 3:55:52 PM
I never understood the fact that people hate destruction because it doesn't do as much damage as weapons.

With destruction, you are sacrificing damage for range and versatility.
---
"There's no problem you can't solve with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#4MC2011Posted 4/21/2013 4:04:21 PM(edited)
Na, magic isn't UP.

Smithing, alchemy, enchanting, melee, archery and stealth are OP.
---
http://i.imgur.com/DxkWRFV.jpg
#5Spinder1Posted 4/21/2013 4:12:01 PM
The Expert spells do good damage. The problem is that they're ridiculously overpriced. My level 30 something Destromage with magicka in the mid 500s, Master Robes and the Apocrypha cost reduction passive can only cast a small handful before running all out. Even on Adept, they are insufficient. I don't want to imagine how bad it would be on Legendary.
---
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes
#6silverhunter16Posted 4/21/2013 4:19:20 PM
MC2011 posted...
Na, magic isn't UP.

Pretty much this.

With all the ways you can boost Melee damage (smithing, enchanting, sneak attacks, alchemy, beserker rage, agent of dibella, seeker of might) it grossly out powers destruction in every way other than speed and versatility.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#7Billy-De-KidPosted 4/21/2013 4:23:45 PM
MC2011 posted...
Na, magic isn't UP.

What? Were would you get that crazy idea?

*1-Hit Kills Dragon with dagger*

Hmm.................................
---
"There's no problem you can't solve with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#8RikiazPosted 4/21/2013 7:20:50 PM
There are simply too many ways to increase the damage done by weapons. Fortify One-handed, Two-handed, and Archery enchantments should not exist. Neither should fortify smithing or enchanting potions.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#9lenmuttPosted 4/21/2013 7:48:31 PM
MC2011 posted...
Na, magic isn't UP.

I wish this game had smiths and enchanters that i could pay with my piles of septims... Or hell I wish i could open a weapon shop I'd quickly become the best smith of skyrim haha!

and stealth isn't OP it's stupid broken xD

on topic while destruction is cool it's meh compared to the other schools

but i still have fun with it
#10rx54Posted 4/21/2013 7:53:49 PM(edited)
silverhunter16 posted...
MC2011 posted...
Na, magic isn't UP.

Pretty much this.

With all the ways you can boost Melee damage (smithing, enchanting, sneak attacks, alchemy, beserker rage, agent of dibella, seeker of might) it grossly out powers destruction in every way other than speed and versatility.

This is just what everyone has been saying since the beginning of time.

But you have your idiots saying things like "You guys get ur potionz 4 le magik"

Really now?
Well you melee users just get your fortify one-handed potion AND apparel.

Magic would be fine if we had more apparel than a single mask from dlc that could do anything to it.

I swear you can kill enemies faster with maxed out melee and a fork than you can with maxed out magic.

If magic isn't underpowered, then everything else is extremely overpowered.
That still makes no sense, because if magic is weaker than the majority of things, then it is by definition underpowered in comparison to other methods of combat.

Maybe they're more equal if you use 0 things that increase the performance in any single way, but nobody does that, so stop trying to act like they do and use that as an argument to anyone that does.
---
Save trees and become an atheist today!