What's your fastest way to level up, since patch 1.9?

#1OEIO999Posted 4/22/2013 6:29:20 AM
I want to make my OP'd character even more OP'd and fast. So could really use some tips. cheers!
#2lenmuttPosted 4/22/2013 7:57:19 AM
fighting saber cats naked with a fork :D
#3mewmew42Posted 4/22/2013 8:32:17 AM
OEIO999 posted...
I want to make my OP'd character even more OP'd and fast. So could really use some tips. cheers!

i just noticed levelling one handed at helgen by hitting ralof/havdar is easier

legendary means that havdar/ralof life is untouchable when your hittingthem,which means easier level up

should apply to two handed when you start at helgen too

previously they take more damage so you need them to regenerate

now just whack away non stop
#4Fade_ChokesPosted 4/22/2013 8:47:37 AM
Making zero cast illusion and alternation gear then using detect life or courage nonstop.
---
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"
#5theonyxphoenixPosted 4/22/2013 8:53:17 AM
fortify restoration looping is the fastest way
---
He doesn't row.
#6SkimMilk1988Posted 4/22/2013 9:49:14 AM
I just recently rolled a new character and got from 1-20 in about an hour (after completing the "tutorial") AND made ~20,000g in the process. This is what I did:
1) Found the Steed stone
2) Used my available gold to boost smithing high enough to make Dwarven gear
3) Went to Markarth -> Understone Keep
4) Talked to the court wizard and killed the spider to get his key to the Dwemer Museum.
5) Stole ALL of the Dwemer metals
6) Smelted the Dwemer metals into Dwarven Metal Ingots
7) Bought the Iron I needed and made Dwarven Bows
8) Got Smithing to 80ish, Speach to mid 40s
9) Between each level up I would talk to a companion and buy 5 Two Handed Weapon skills or 5 Heavy Armor skills with the gold I was making.
10) This process netted me lvl 80 Smithing, 44 Speach, 60 Two Handed Weapons and 60 Heavy Armor while doing minimal work. I put a few talents into the Speach tree, so I made even more money selling the roughly 250 Dwarven Bows I made.
#7Stormvale12Posted 4/22/2013 10:11:50 AM
theonyxphoenix posted...
fortify restoration looping is the fastest way

---
White 2 FC: 1679 3141 2693
#8ArchMageSynokPosted 4/22/2013 10:15:55 AM
last night to get to level 80 I did the telkinesis+detect life over and over again to boost my levels so I could find a legendary dragon, in the windhelm marketplace and was going from level 15-100 in alteration every 9 min, which gave 2-3 character levels every time (I started at a legit level 68) I imagine doing this at a much lower level will get you many more level each time.

The quickest way is still probably deleting the patch, using the orgim infinitum glitch or whatever it's called then redownloading the patch.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#9SuperFlikPosted 4/22/2013 10:19:20 AM
SkimMilk1988 posted...
I just recently rolled a new character and got from 1-20 in about an hour (after completing the "tutorial") AND made ~20,000g in the process. This is what I did:
1) Found the Steed stone
2) Used my available gold to boost smithing high enough to make Dwarven gear
3) Went to Markarth -> Understone Keep
4) Talked to the court wizard and killed the spider to get his key to the Dwemer Museum.
5) Stole ALL of the Dwemer metals
6) Smelted the Dwemer metals into Dwarven Metal Ingots
7) Bought the Iron I needed and made Dwarven Bows
8) Got Smithing to 80ish, Speach to mid 40s
9) Between each level up I would talk to a companion and buy 5 Two Handed Weapon skills or 5 Heavy Armor skills with the gold I was making.
10) This process netted me lvl 80 Smithing, 44 Speach, 60 Two Handed Weapons and 60 Heavy Armor while doing minimal work. I put a few talents into the Speach tree, so I made even more money selling the roughly 250 Dwarven Bows I made.

This, only make Dwarven arrows instead of bows (assuming you have Dawnguard).

According to UESP, the formula for smithing XP gain is XP = 3 x item value^0.65 +25

Making a set of 24 arrows nets you ~83XP/ingot
Making a bow nets you ~139XP at the cost of two ingots, or ~69XP/ingot

Also, chopping wood is free, arrows weigh nothing and you can level speech by selling one arrow at a time (if you have that kind of patience)
---
Zelos Wilder: "Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Demon Fang!
Damn, I must be a genius! Double Demon Fang!"
#10SkimMilk1988Posted 4/22/2013 10:22:28 AM
ArchMageSynok posted...
last night to get to level 80 I did the telkinesis+detect life over and over again to boost my levels so I could find a legendary dragon, in the windhelm marketplace and was going from level 15-100 in alteration every 9 min, which gave 2-3 character levels every time (I started at a legit level 68) I imagine doing this at a much lower level will get you many more level each time.

The quickest way is still probably deleting the patch, using the orgim infinitum glitch or whatever it's called then redownloading the patch.

At low levels its tough to have enough of the gear that reduces the cost of spells. Plus you have way less magika.