skyrim and law?

#1lenmuttPosted 4/22/2013 7:18:43 AM(edited)
soooo long story short

My orc get the death sentence for wrong place/time

but she slaughters riften guards over the course of 30 lvl resulting in gargantuan bounty (How she test herself)

when I started playing again i decided to repent and serve my time in jail.... *checks days spent in jail* 7..... 7 days xD hahahahah what?!

i killed what felt like a thousand guards and i get locked up for a week? Oh Laila Law-Giver you're seriously tempting me to test my skills again

EDIT: Reason I bring it up is because I did something similar in Oblivion and decided to repent that character for the KOTN DLC and he went to jail for almost three years in game
#2ChIbBYraPosted 4/22/2013 7:19:24 AM
lol skyrim law sucks apparently
---
---
What's the difference between a picture of Jesus Christ and Jesus himself? It only takes one nail to hang the picture.
#3wyntersolsticePosted 4/22/2013 9:02:09 AM
After I killed The Emperor, I just told the guard that I'm in "The Guild" and they let me go. It's all good.
#4lenmutt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:04:02 AM
wyntersolstice posted...
After I killed The Emperor, I just told the guard that I'm in "The Guild" and they let me go. It's all good.

wait can you really do that? I've always wanted a ship and crew!
#5Lord HugoPosted 4/22/2013 1:01:30 PM
Sounds like a reasonable sentence for getting rid of the stench of the dirty guards.
---
"Jeff Goldblum was actually on Death's To-Do list today, but he's so awesome he managed to talk Death into taking Michael Jackson instead."-Ben Paddon
#6VeezaraPosted 4/22/2013 5:04:51 PM
Only 7 days for murder. Funny thing is if you do Thieves Guild quests their targets never get out of jail. If you plant the ring on Brand Shie he goes away for the rest of the game. Life for being in possession of a stolen ring. Same with the dampened spirits guy, life for his contaminated mead. Dragonborn can kill guards in Whiterun and get 7 day, this guy can accidentally make a guard sick for a while and get life.
#7N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 4/22/2013 5:19:06 PM
Veezara posted...
Only 7 days for murder. Funny thing is if you do Thieves Guild quests their targets never get out of jail. If you plant the ring on Brand Shie he goes away for the rest of the game. Life for being in possession of a stolen ring. Same with the dampened spirits guy, life for his contaminated mead. Dragonborn can kill guards in Whiterun and get 7 day, this guy can accidentally make a guard sick for a while and get life.

I don't know if they're getting life, they just aren't released while you're playing the game.

Theft, IDK why he even goes to jail. He's a merchant, he must have at least 100 gold or so to pay off the bounty.

But the other guy "assaulted" the "Captain of the Guard here in Whiterun", so it makes sense he got a long sentence.

And of course the Dragonborn doesn't. If they gave you three years for murder, who would stop Alduin?
---
Times modded: 18
Times Modded for a "Times Modded" signature: 6
#8jrr18Posted 4/22/2013 5:20:37 PM
N1ghtm4reW0lf posted...
Veezara posted...

I don't know if they're getting life, they just aren't released while you're playing the game.

Theft, IDK why he even goes to jail. He's a merchant, he must have at least 100 gold or so to pay off the bounty.

But the other guy "assaulted" the "Captain of the Guard here in Whiterun", so it makes sense he got a long sentence.

And of course the Dragonborn doesn't. If they gave you three years for murder, who would stop Alduin?

The avatar of bethesda m'aiq the liar or stanley the grapefruit.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#9charon78auPosted 4/22/2013 5:22:22 PM
Who bothers sending Brand-Shei to jail?

It's more valuable to have an extra merchant in Riften than to impress Brynjolf - especially when he hires you regardless of whether or not you succeed.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#10VeezaraPosted 4/22/2013 7:54:54 PM
Its been a while since I made a character that joined the thieves guild but I never used to send him to jail. I always failed on purpose. I tried to fail Dampened Spirits last time I made a character to do TG quests by only poisoning the skeever nest but it didn't let me tell him I was finished until the vats had been poisoned as well.