I expected more out of meeting Gelebor *Dawnguard spoilers*

#1SoulOfFaythPosted 4/22/2013 10:14:21 AM
I already heard that in Dawnguard you'd meet an actual normal Snow Elf somewhere, I kind of expected it to be a big thing. But I just went through Darkfall cave, suddenly there's this dude standing there and he's like 'oh hai' as if you're a guy he just invited for a beer half an hour ago, and he wasn't disconnected from the world for hundreds (or thousands, don't remember exactly when the Falmer were driven underground) of years at all. then he mentions he's a Snow Elf and that you must do some stuff. I'm standing there like 'wait what, so you're an actual snow elf? Pretty much the last one? Dude I have so many questions! And why are you acting like this happens to you every day?'. I guess I just expected it to be a bigger deal considering no one has seen an actual snow elf in ****ing ages.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#2PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 4/22/2013 10:20:18 AM(edited)
Thank you for saying this.

I tried to convey these feelings shortly after DG released. I was ceaselessly attacked by fanboys and lore nerds.

It is ridiculously awkward in that he acts normal, you're completely right.

For a man who has been tucked away for probably 1000's of years, he doesn't seem to give a hoot about the world outside, and seemingly doesn't wish to elaborate on his people very much. You'd think being alone with no companions but falmer would make someone a little kooky, but naw, he's just peachy.

The dragonborn is partly to blame too. Here we have a living piece of history, and all the DB cares about is the task at hand. Sooooo many questions could have been answered but NOPE!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#3i2HoldWithFirePosted 4/22/2013 11:02:46 AM
Possible future dlc???
---
"Saying it's like Firefly is like saying you've just spotted the second coming of Christ"-Erupt50
#4agentspoonPosted 4/22/2013 11:05:53 AM
He's like Yoda.

He doesn't really care about the outside world he has higher things on his mind, like trying to help his people.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#5RikashiPosted 4/22/2013 11:11:04 AM
agentspoon posted...
He's like Yoda.

He doesn't really care about the outside world he has higher things on his mind, like trying to help his people.

Crappy excuse for bad writing, that is.
#6agentspoonPosted 4/22/2013 11:13:05 AM
agentspoon posted...
He's like Yoda.

Crappy excuse for bad writing, that is.

I know but my way is more romantic.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#7elaukaPosted 4/22/2013 11:25:24 AM
never thought about it, but your totally right
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)