Does anyone play without ever fast travelling?

#1scowl_owl_2Posted 4/22/2013 8:29:52 PM
Not including when you're getting the locations on the map
---
Many original Xbox games graphics still look great to me.
#2forrestzK08Posted 4/22/2013 8:45:58 PM
Yes. It is worse than the Titanic movie.
---
Sorry about any spelling mistakes. Most of my posts are from my phone when I'm bored at work.
#3scowl_owl_2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:46:08 PM
It makes sense to not fast travel when you haven't got the locations on the map
---
Many original Xbox games graphics still look great to me.
#4FalloutgenuisPosted 4/22/2013 8:47:23 PM
It is much more fun IMO. You simply experience more of the game.
---
Gt: RAW DJ
You are now breathing manually.
#5charon78auPosted 4/22/2013 8:48:39 PM
Random encounters are a great source of money.

Thalmor kidnap squads can cash up your new characters, very quickly.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#6MythrenderPosted 4/22/2013 9:24:41 PM
I make one exception, just one. Once I've climbed to High Hrothgar, I will never do so again. Instead I allow myself to fast travel from Ivarstead to HH and from HH back down to Ivarstead.
---
GT: Nickguy
#7oORyuumaruOoPosted 4/22/2013 11:03:46 PM
I was hoping to do a no-fast travel playthrough and have really enjoyed the amount of experience I get by doing so. Only once have I broken that rule when I accidentally fast traveled to Solitude while trying to place a map marker. The rest of the time I will take a horse or carriage.
---
Kojima Productions must reboot Tenchu!
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(3DS)
#8shino0regicePosted 4/22/2013 11:40:06 PM
i never fast travel either,except when i have to go see the dumb beards. that mountain is just so irritating to walk it every time.
---
next time you rob a store make sure the person in there is not a 5 degree black belt.(my x-box live = megadeth9715) pokemon black FC: 1592 6406 7208 Chick
#9AflockOfHippiesPosted 4/22/2013 11:42:07 PM
On my recent playthrough I am trying to avoid all types of fast travel. The scenery of Skyrim never seems to get old, you experience much, much more from the game as well. The only time I do fast-travel is to make a store/house run to either drop off or sell things before I become overencumbered and then go back to where I left off and start hoofing it from there to my next quests.
---
Momma always said groovy is as groovy does.Or was it video games are the devil? I sometimes forget I have a good memory. Game long and prosper.
#10trippinsandsPosted 4/22/2013 11:58:58 PM
i've tried a few walk/ride horse only play throughs.. it does get tedious when a fetch quest
turns into another go out and fetch quest which turns into another fetch quest..its hard to
resist the urge to fast travel back to the quest giver.. i always wind up giving in at some
point. But i will also admit i've had some interesting randoms happen while walking/riding.