Does anyone play without ever fast travelling?

#11I_hate_cocoaPosted 4/23/2013 12:01:38 AM
Random encounters gave me 5 gold.
#12NekoSlavePosted 4/23/2013 12:43:33 AM
I use the carriage but that's it. I also don't visit the Greybeards often. I don't mind the hike so much, it's the trek from Riften to Ivarstead I don't like.
---
I was able to reload my assault rifle in front of one of them because they were too busy looking threatening. -Rob_Indahood
#13IamI3rianPosted 4/23/2013 2:57:43 AM
Mythrender posted...
I make one exception, just one. Once I've climbed to High Hrothgar, I will never do so again. Instead I allow myself to fast travel from Ivarstead to HH and from HH back down to Ivarstead.

This is what I came in here to say. That stupid climb wasn't even fun the first time... I've done it more than I care to remember.

I'll fast travel if I'm stuck on something too, though that's pretty rare compared to Oblivion.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#14IamI3rianPosted 4/23/2013 3:00:25 AM
trippinsands posted...
i've tried a few walk/ride horse only play throughs.. it does get tedious when a fetch quest
turns into another go out and fetch quest which turns into another fetch quest..its hard to
resist the urge to fast travel back to the quest giver..

FWIW... the way I go is in giant circles all around Skyrim. Like, I'll grab a bunch of quests in Winterhold, then head to Windhelm... then to Riften etc... there's always something going on for me somewhere, and someone to return a quest too.

Collecting quest rewards isn't so minor when you're turning in five+ at a time. = D

But I know what to avoid to not get myself in glitch trouble grabbing twenty quests at a time. Most, I'd wager, do not. = (
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#15Bane766Posted 4/23/2013 5:20:07 AM
Now that I glitched my carry weight using the resto loop with enchant trick-the no fast travel thing actually sounds like a good idea (I hate leaving loot behind).

I really love exploring and haven't got to do it too much so far in the game I'm currently playing. So wandering the hills and exploring whatever I come across sounds like fun.
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#16FredCat07Posted 4/23/2013 5:37:59 AM
I just started that process, already hit 20 level only in an hour.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#17whirlmonPosted 4/23/2013 9:34:44 PM
I role play as a mage who teleports small distance eg riverwood to whiterun
---
wii fc 5869-0018-5590-1652
genius
#18jessevalePosted 4/23/2013 10:00:12 PM
Walking everywhere for at least the first times is the best. I mean don't even use the carriage. My second character I played much more realistically and it was the most fun I had, the only downside is you level up WAAAY too quickly just exploring. I honestly want to play every quest line as a pre-level 20, but on my khajiit thief I explored around Whiterun after settling in, then made the journey to Riften for the guild. Completed all the quests and made it my home, discovering neat things like the follower at the random keep who's mother or sister you have to kill in the coven of witches.

By the time I was halfway through thief's guild I was level 30-40, which is when the game gets really boring for me. They really do need to work on some continuos progression mechanic. It's not enough that you can level to 80 and now beyond, but they should actually implement reasons to - unlockable quests, unkillable monsters til you're stronger. After I've completed my character's build the game is over, because its far more fun to level a new character to complete a different build, using its abilities throughout the game instead of post-level 50.
#19mewmew42Posted 4/23/2013 10:39:40 PM
i find legendary too hard where sabre cats & bears always OHKO

so i fast travel all the time :(
#204EverMewPosted 4/23/2013 10:58:50 PM
I don't use fast-travel anymore, i have a playthrough with my female Khajiit thief that i started in my game, who likes to explore in Skyrim. And i'm doing the same with my Imperial female paladin right now.
---
PSN/GT TheUchihaKid - Team: xG0K3Nx
"Giving up already? C'mon, Sora, I thought you were stronger than that."