Oblivion or Skyrim?

#1AurawhispererPosted 4/23/2013 3:32:30 PM
Which do you think was superior in the xbox 360 era? - Results (116 votes)
Skyrim
71.55% (83 votes)
Oblivion
28.45% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Honestly, i feel as if oblivions story was better, along with its challenges and had better guild quests than what skyrim had to offer.

However, from going water color art to extraordinary realistic art (skyrim) it gave the game its dues on thee best graphics ever designed; beating halo. This includes execution and the landscaping designs.

But the real question is did you get into the TES for the graphics or story? And it cant be both, as one must be sealed in heart. Personally as an RPG fan, i like the story more and skyrim didnt have a fantastic plot as oblivion

Its good, but not the best for the 360 era
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#2SoulOfFaythPosted 4/23/2013 3:39:10 PM
In the case of TES I play for the immersion, so graphics do matter to me. But on pc with the right mods Oblivion looks beautiful as well. The story for each game doesn't matter much to me, I'm much more interested in the lore than the main crisis present in the game. While Oblivion had better guilds, for some reason I can immerse myself more in Skyrim, and I actually roleplay a lot in it. The world is more alive than Oblivion's. Overall I think it would have to be Skyrim. Though I have been longing to play Oblivion on PC again lately...
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#3dinosaur-123Posted 4/23/2013 3:59:33 PM(edited)
well oblivion was my first tes game and still to today I've racked up to over 500 hours in it half of those were made in my second character ,because i was such a fool going in for the ''LOL I'm going to beat this game 100%'' but like many people say :''One simply does not beat an TES game'' learned the hard way and spent ridiculous amounts of time lollygagging around with my super khajiit (I usually did the skooma exploit like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6bDTnRxF2E) to get around unkown places in the map. But in the end of it for the xbox at least , I think OB was slightly better since I spent more time in it than skyrim and I just had an much more overall fun time with it , and now that I have skyrim it just feels kinda different , it's still a very good experience and stuff but not as fun or remarkable as OB.

Also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1KAtuiKfL8 , not a single moment in skyrim feels as good as doing this in your game.
#4FredCat07Posted 4/23/2013 3:55:22 PM
Skyrim... because it's more leaning to modern version than Oblivion did.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#5Omega_GilgameshPosted 4/23/2013 4:15:32 PM
For me, I value story over graphics (Lord knows I still play Xenogears every few months) but above them I value gameplay, and for me, Skyrim takes the cake there. The two biggest problems I have with Oblivion's leveling system is 1) if you don't invest early in Endurance, you're going to have a much harder time later on, and 2) enemies gain more strength than you do every level up, so unless you focus HEAVILY on just a few well planned out skills, you'll find the game getting harder and harder the more you play unless you simply don't level up ever.

Besides, I'll be honest here, I liked Skyrim's story over Oblivion's. In Oblivion, you're a glorified errand boy. Sure, you're the Hero of Kvatch, the Champion of Cyrodiil, the destroyer of Oblivion Gates, but you're not the focus of the story, Martin is. I loved Morrowind's story for letting YOU be the object of prophecy that you must see fulfilled, giving a strong sense of purpose and the pressure of importance. In Oblivion, you're just someone who's very capable, yet can probably be replaced if they can find someone as strong as you. Besides, whereas in Morrowind you could be considered more powerful than others due to your reincarnation or the artifacts you collect during the main quest or the buffs you get from Corprus, and in Skyrim you're "more capable" due to your dragon soul and Shouts, in Oblivion there's nothing to really give you a sense of being important or unique. In Skyrim, they return to the Morrowind idea of "you're the chosen one, you must find the strength to save us all". Although, that being said, it is annoying that in Sovngarde, you get help from three powerful allies to take down Alduin.

Besides, in Oblivion, it's clear cut, black/white who's on your side and who's not, there are no political machinations getting in your way, no moral ambiguity. In Skyrim, there's moral ambiguity everywhere: Stormcloak or Imperial, sign the White-Gold Concordat or take their chances with war, kill Paarthurnax or spare him, no matter which side you suppose you'll end up replacing good Jarls with bad ones, these tough decisions where neither side seems right but you still have to choose which brings to this game what I consider to be a level of maturity that you rarely see in video games. And what I mean by "what I consider to be maturity" is that I feel that Mature Content does not equal maturity, just like how smoking, drinking, and swearing does NOT make you older.
---
The World's Most Interesting Man: I don't always herp, but when I do, I derp.
#6infinite9Posted 4/23/2013 4:34:06 PM
I voted Skyrim since it has the better combat system, better upgrade system, and more and improved features overall.

I also liked how the characters look more realistic and how the camera doesn't zoom in on their faces when you engage in dialogue.
---
XBL Gamertag: infinite9
#7vitkiomegaPosted 4/23/2013 5:25:23 PM
Aurawhisperer posted...
Honestly, i feel as if oblivions story was better, along with its challenges and had better guild quests than what skyrim had to offer.

However, from going water color art to extraordinary realistic art (skyrim) it gave the game its dues on thee best graphics ever designed; beating halo. This includes execution and the landscaping designs.

But the real question is did you get into the TES for the graphics or story? And it cant be both, as one must be sealed in heart. Personally as an RPG fan, i like the story more and skyrim didnt have a fantastic plot as oblivion

Its good, but not the best for the 360 era

Agree 100% w u there TC.
#8charon78auPosted 4/23/2013 5:31:55 PM
Story or graphics.

The only two things that comprise video games.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#9vitkiomegaPosted 4/23/2013 5:33:23 PM
Oh an anybody who would say that skyrim has better city's an towns isa derp .

Going from oblivion to skyrim is like going from California to idfk... Alabama.

Went from bustling city's too bfe boondocks...
Hell I'm waiting to hear the banjo from Deliverance...
* squeal like a piggy elfboy!!!*
#10spacecowboy44Posted 4/23/2013 5:44:10 PM
i love when ppl compare graphics on games that are separated by years
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.