Dual fisting build questions and help.

#1HentaiMan3Posted 4/23/2013 7:05:56 PM
Hi! ^_^

I wanted some clarification regarding the Fists of Steel perk. Were there any bugs, or rules that apply? Like if I have a pair of strong gauntlets, and I smith it to improve the rating, will the perk use the new rating with both smithing AND matching sets? Or does it only use the absolute base number? Thanks.

Because if upgrades are counted, then I will just use fists all day with Daedric gloves, etc. =)
---
Skyrim cute =3
Thanks PathlessBullet - http://i.imgur.com/mz2GSse.jpg
#2theonyxphoenixPosted 4/23/2013 7:09:24 PM
Fists of steel only uses the base armor value for damage no matter how much you smith it. Your options are:

Create a very specific khajiit build as outlined in the Useful Info Sticky to maximize legitimate unarmed damage.

Use the follower/equip glitch to stack multiple gauntlets gaining the Fists of Steel damage bonus from each one.

Use the Fortify Restoration giltch to enchant a ring with Fortify Unarmed +X damage.
---
He doesn't row.
#3HentaiMan3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:26:15 PM
Thanks! \^o^/ It is fun to fist!
---
Skyrim cute =3
Thanks PathlessBullet - http://i.imgur.com/mz2GSse.jpg
#4theonyxphoenixPosted 4/23/2013 7:43:19 PM
Happy fisting.
---
He doesn't row.
#5Omega_GilgameshPosted 4/23/2013 7:50:09 PM
HentaiMan3 posted...

This is unusually creepy coming from someone whose username is "hentai".

But yes, the base armor rating of the gauntlets is the only factor in doing damage. So in other words, iron gauntlets will always add only ten points of damage, and daedric gauntlets, even if smithed to legendary, will only add 18 points of damage. Now, while most races have a base damage for unarmed as 4, Argonians have a base damage of 10, while Khajiit have a base damage of 10, PLUS their claws (of which, the description says 15 points of damage, but it's actually 12), leading to a base unarmed damage of 22.

Unenchant the Gloves of the Pugilist (found on Gian's body after you kill him under Riften) and enchant both daedric gloves and a ring for ten points each, and you're looking at 60 points of damage per punch, without using any exploits.
---
The World's Most Interesting Man: I don't always herp, but when I do, I derp.
#6IamI3rianPosted 4/23/2013 7:51:02 PM
Didn't MoE make a Redguard fisting topic once?

Can't seem to locate it... so it must've (finally) been mod'd. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#7VincentVega13Posted 4/24/2013 1:07:55 PM
Omega_Gilgamesh posted...
HentaiMan3 posted...

This is unusually creepy coming from someone whose username is "hentai".

You want creepy? Have you seen his sig?
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.