How Do you Feel About Novels?

#1Ajd_KingPosted 4/24/2013 8:29:23 AM(edited)
Do you want more ES novels? - Results (56 votes)
No. Reading is bad.
12.5% (7 votes)
No. I'd rather they have a lore-dump in the game manual.
16.07% (9 votes)
Yes. I want them focused on events in the game.
7.14% (4 votes)
Yes. I want them focused on events between games.
33.93% (19 votes)
Yes. I want them focused on stuff way in the past/future.
23.21% (13 votes)
Other.
7.14% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Kgo.

(I mean the RL ones)
---
"I dream of a future where French people can stuff their asses full of noodles without having their motives questioned."
Magicalyn
#2lenmuttPosted 4/24/2013 8:22:46 AM
I rather enjoy reading the books in game not at first though for the longest time I only ever read lusty argonian maid

but I kept seeing the Barenziah books and i got fed up who the hell is this person!?

collected all the volumes and rather enjoyed myself then i statred to read lots of the books i found :D

now in skyrim i get super irritated watching my friend play since he doesn't care about lore >_< or the books

i'm rambling... also i feel like you are talking about RL novles now i feel dumb *post*
#3sunbro1Posted 4/24/2013 8:24:19 AM
I would like one telling the story of someone in a era or region we don't know much about.
---
Ours is the fury
#4DarthSchubertPosted 4/24/2013 8:27:21 AM
I love the in game books. I do think there needs to be a way to make them easier to collect - either reduce weight or have them write to a log or something like that.

Obviously not immersive. But like above mentioned - for example barenziah's story, you need to shlep around several pounds of books until you complete the set and can read them all.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#5lenmuttPosted 4/24/2013 8:34:33 AM
DarthSchubert posted...
I love the in game books. I do think there needs to be a way to make them easier to collect - either reduce weight or have them write to a log or something like that.

Obviously not immersive. But like above mentioned - for example barenziah's story, you need to shlep around several pounds of books until you complete the set and can read them all.

in oblivion (when i started reading the books)

i made a boxer book thief due too all the book stores in skyrim though finding a complete set is rough :/ and i noticed i tend to carry enough to effect my weight.... so certainly agree about the drop in weight i mean arrows weigh 0 pounds so why not books :D
#6TaigaWilliamPosted 4/24/2013 9:03:39 AM
Other: I want the current novels expanded tot he length of proper novels and scholarly works. I want them to assemble a team to make the Elder Scrolls lore and history worthy of serious scholarly study. You shouldn't be able to read a full series of 10+ volumes in a single sitting. Your library should be able to provide the amount of reading time as a real library. I would be much more interested in the books, if they were much, much longer and in much, much more depth. I just feel like I'm wasting my time reading them now, because there isn't enough in them to warrant my study.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8zqdbtIPJ1r2zzpyo13_r1_250.gif
#7TaigaWilliamPosted 4/24/2013 9:06:16 AM(edited)
Also, for the weight thing, they should have a quest that gives you the ability to teleport books you find from your person to an owned bookshelf. They should also have the option to automatically alphabetize a bookshelf. `-`
---
http://images.tvrage.com/shows/31/30118.jpg
#8A_Hairy_WafflePosted 4/24/2013 9:25:32 AM
You mean them fold outs? Covered up in scribblins?
#9FredCat07Posted 4/24/2013 9:30:54 AM
lenmutt posted...
DarthSchubert posted...

i made a boxer book thief due too all the book stores in skyrim though finding a complete set is rough :/ and i noticed i tend to carry enough to effect my weight.... so certainly agree about the drop in weight i mean arrows weigh 0 pounds so why not books :D

Actually, fancy made books are weighting at least 5~10 pounds, so that's not true.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#10lenmuttPosted 4/24/2013 9:36:11 AM
FredCat07 posted...
lenmutt posted...
DarthSchubert posted...

Actually, fancy made books are weighting at least 5~10 pounds, so that's not true.

i'm an rpg hoarder sooo yeah it's true '_'