essentials

#1lenmuttPosted 4/24/2013 8:53:03 AM
which was best - Results (32 votes)
can be killed DO YOU WISH TO LIVE IN THIS DOOMED WORLD?
84.38% (27 votes)
Are marked and can be knocked the hell out but not killed
15.63% (5 votes)
not marked, and get knocked down they get up again you're never gonna keep them down
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've often wonder which fans prefer
#2Jstretch19Posted 4/24/2013 8:56:07 AM
I would like an option to turn essentials off.
#3lenmutt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:00:29 AM
Jstretch19 posted...
I would like an option to turn essentials off.

i kinda want a toggle option for "children"....
#4TaigaWilliamPosted 4/24/2013 9:09:26 AM
IIRC, there are either legal or ESRB reasons for kids being immortal.

As for essentials, I would love an option for them that would come with THIS DOOMED WORLD YOU HAVE CREATED glory. I love that in Morrowind.
---
"I knocked her up the first try. I take these vitamins from Singapore. They're intended only for elephants." Raken - Bullet in the Face
#5Jstretch19Posted 4/24/2013 9:12:15 AM
TaigaWilliam posted...

As for essentials, I would love an option for them that would come with THIS DOOMED WORLD YOU HAVE CREATED glory. I love that in Morrowind.

More like green reasons. If Beth were to include child killing there would be news specials about it, and that would cut into Beth's green. AFAIK there aren't any legal reasons for it as games have had child killing before, but I would guess the game would get an AO rating if it had child killing.
#6lenmutt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:13:00 AM
TaigaWilliam posted...

in cyrodill they sacrificed all children for perfect bods XD

and yes child killing gets you an AO rating and many retailers will not carry games with that rating since the majority of those games are like hentai games in such

i recall fallout 3 having a glitch with sandman thingy that let you kill kids this was quickly patched

but whats really odd in skyrim kids have both death cry audio files and raised zombie audio
#7Jstretch19Posted 4/24/2013 9:15:15 AM
lenmutt posted...
but whats really odd in skyrim kids have both death cry audio files and raised zombie audio

hmm... that sounds like Beth was planning child killing at one point, but a higher up probably said no.
#8TaigaWilliamPosted 4/24/2013 9:20:17 AM(edited)
Well, you can have children die in a game. The player just can't do it. The life of a child depended on how well you could protect her in Way of the Samurai 2. Of course, her death was nearly inevitable unless you avoided combat as much as possible during that scenario. It could be they planned for the deaths and resurrections of children by NPCs.
---
"When a man is late, he is cool. When a woman is late, she is pregnant. Remember, always wear watches and condoms." Gunter Vogler - Bullet in the Face
#9lenmutt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:20:52 AM
Jstretch19 posted...
lenmutt posted...

hmm... that sounds like Beth was planning child killing at one point, but a higher up probably said no.

most likley

btw me wanting to toggle off children didn't mean kill them just removed them, since they don't add much to the game and all look and sound the same....
#10FredCat07Posted 4/24/2013 9:23:43 AM
Yea, they're important, but damn, I want the last member of Blades to ddeeeeaad! Delphine should be already under 6 feet of the soil by now. But no, she's still up and around, ordering me to slashing my master, Paarthurnax, already.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif