Um ... What's happening with my conjure ability?

#1sojuPosted 4/24/2013 8:41:26 PM
I can't seem to conjure anything, even with a scroll. I never really attempted it much until I obtained the "conjure seeker" spell. But even prior to that, whenever I try to conjure something I turn invisible for a second, my mana immediately regenerates, and whatever I was trying to conjure never appears. Anyone know what's going on or how to fix it?
#2jammymacsterPosted 4/24/2013 8:44:38 PM
You have some spell absorption. It can absorb your own summon spells.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
#3soju(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 8:54:08 PM
Holy crap! Really?!?! Well ... That sucks. Yeah, I actually have 100% spell absorption (Antronach Stone, Miraak's gear, and 30% from 100 Alteration perk). Any idea how much I have to get rid of to be able to actually conjure something.

Thanks, btw. I wouldn't have figured that out in a million years.
#4jammymacsterPosted 4/24/2013 8:55:40 PM
Anything under 100%, but spell absorption is based on chance. If you want to reliably summon every time you'll need to remove all spell absorption effects.
---
#5soju(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 8:59:32 PM
Sheesh. Okay. Odd that you don't absorb any other spells you cast. Oh well. Thanks again. You've been a huge help. Time to find another stone I guess.
#6HoonDingPosted 4/24/2013 9:01:40 PM
It's an annoying glitch. Wish they'd patch it already.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#7silverhunter16Posted 4/24/2013 9:13:34 PM
While it almost completely nullifies the conjuration school, bound weapons, raise dead, and the ash guardian spells can bypass spell absorption.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#8jammymacsterPosted 4/24/2013 9:15:41 PM
It only happens with spells you cast on yourself. Summon spells fall into that category. It can be exploited though. If you cast Guardian Circle and stand in it you will continuously absorb magicka from it. I think the same happens with Circle of Protection.
---
#9soju(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:31:51 PM
It doesn't do it with armor spells though. Again ... Weird.
#10silverhunter16Posted 4/24/2013 9:41:45 PM
jammymacster posted...
It only happens with spells you cast on yourself. Summon spells fall into that category. It can be exploited though. If you cast Guardian Circle and stand in it you will continuously absorb magicka from it. I think the same happens with Circle of Protection.

It doesn't, just to clarify.

The only reason guardian circle works is because of the secondary effect to restore health while in it is the effect that is being absorbed. This means that when you regenerate magic by absorbing the healing effect of guardian circle, you aren't regenerating health and visa-verse.

Circle of protection doesn't have this secondary healing effect so there is nothing to absorb.

Just an FYI.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.