Dagger info

#21IamI3rianPosted 4/27/2013 11:16:09 AM(edited)
I chose not to accept it. One cannot define a word as its precise opposite.

That's simply not something that can occur.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#22seankimberley42Posted 4/27/2013 11:27:43 AM
Words change all the time, even to meanings nowhere near it's original. Cool used to only mean a temperature. Deer used to mean any woodland animal.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#23seankimberley42Posted 4/27/2013 11:29:58 AM
Oh yeah and a clip and a mag can mean the same thing. You can use that link to make the gun nuts extremely mad.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#24IamI3rianPosted 4/27/2013 11:41:24 AM(edited)
seankimberley42 posted...
Oh yeah and a clip and a mag can mean the same thing. You can use that link to make the gun nuts extremely mad.

= )

Yeah... they rage over it.

Words change all the time, even to meanings nowhere near it's original. Cool used to only mean a temperature.

Ok.. but in this instance, it's like cool meaning both warm and cold.

A word simply cannot mean its opposite. That's nonsense, and certainly not tremendously effective communication.

If I touched that and said it's cool, you'd know what I meant.

If I said I was literally attacked by a gorilla today, you wouldn't know if some REALLY big dude tried to fight me, or I fell into a cage at the zoo.

Which is my point. And kinda why the word literally exists.
---
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#25seankimberley42Posted 4/27/2013 12:28:21 PM
IamI3rian posted...

= )

Words change all the time, even to meanings nowhere near it's original. Cool used to only mean a temperature.

A word simply cannot mean its opposite. That's nonsense, and certainly not tremendously effective communication.

If I said I was literally attacked by a gorilla today, you wouldn't know if some REALLY big dude tried to fight me, or I fell into a cage at the zoo.

Bully used to mean a good guy, nice used to mean foolish. What about wicked, bad, killer, etc? All of those have switched meanings, one to it's opposite meaning. As I said, words change, language is fluid.
---
#26XydruPosted 4/27/2013 12:51:54 PM
IamI3rian posted...

= )

Bully used to mean a good guy, nice used to mean foolish. What about wicked, bad, killer, etc? All of those have switched meanings, one to it's opposite meaning. As I said, words change, language is fluid.

I think British use of a word is different from American use which both have different slang words.
There's a big difference, IMO, when people use a word incorrectly because they're too uneducated to be not stupid.
---
One bullet-proof sock goes a long way. Stay stocked.
#27IamI3rianPosted 4/27/2013 7:57:25 PM
Xydru posted...
There's a big difference, IMO, when people use a word incorrectly because they're too uneducated to be not stupid.

Sig'd?

No. Too long for me. =' (

Well, it should be sig'd.
---
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#28StucklnMyPantsPosted 4/27/2013 9:26:45 PM(edited)
You guys are funny.

Literally.
#29thekosmicfool part 2Posted 4/27/2013 9:39:12 PM
IamI3rian posted...

= )

Ugh, exactly. The entire point of using the word "literally" in those situations was to make it clear that what you said happened, happened exactly as you said.

Letting the morons have their way isn't merely adding a definition; it's quite literally making it pointless to ever use the original definition again, because by inserting the word to cement your statements as truth, you are also saying that they very well may be exaggeration instead.

It's figuratively mind blowing.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#30vitkiomega(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 10:30:14 PM
Um.... soooo about those daggers...

Top 3 generic daggers available w/o dlc r...

1.Dragonbone

2.Daedric

3. ???

Lol