My next RP build

#1LordTrinenPosted 4/27/2013 5:59:19 PM
How should I roleplay my next character? - Results (43 votes)
A wandering priest who becomes corrupted by dark powers
60.47% (26 votes)
A holy warrior seeking to root out evil
6.98% (3 votes)
A traveling scholar chronicling the civil war
9.3% (4 votes)
A small-time thief who finds his true calling in assassination
23.26% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've got four different roleplay ideas. Not sure which to pick after I'm done with my current character.

The Dragonborn is a wandering priest of one of the Divines (haven't decided which yet). He comes to Skyrim to help its people as they are ravaged by war and other hardships. During his travels he is infected with vampirism and comes to love his new dark powers, abandoning his beloved deity.

The Dragonborn is a holy warrior who has heard rumors of evil forces running loose in Skyrim such as vampires, witches, hagravens, etc. Having lost loved ones to such creatures long ago he has dedicated his life to eradicating them.

The Dragonborn is a scholar who has spent much of his life studying history in the libraries of Cyrodiil. Sensing history in the making with a civil war brewing in Skyrim and tired of being surrounding by musty books day and night he travels north. He seeks field experience and a chance to make a name for himself. His arrival is a little more...exciting than originally expected and ends up fighting in the war rather than just recording it.

The Dragonborn is a small-time thief who drew a little too much attention to himself in Cyrodiil so he decided to head to Skyrim to lay low. He joins the Riften Thieves Guild and resumes his old life. One day he finds his true calling when on a job in Windhelm he hears rumors about a boy named Aventus Arentino...
#2TaigaWilliamPosted 4/27/2013 6:08:54 PM
Wandering priest who becomes corrupt. It allows for longer playtime, because you can do morally just things for a while, then change and do terrible things for the rest of your career. You could get infected after starting dawnguard, take a while spiraling out of control doing unrelated evil things (maybe db things) then continue dg as a vampire.
#3sakatuyaPosted 4/27/2013 7:00:53 PM
Priest. For same reasons as above.
#4LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 7:06:01 PM
Those voting for priest do you have any suggestions which Divine he should worship? Until his fall from grace a Divine amulet will be a permanent part of his inventory.
#5turn_basedPosted 4/27/2013 7:09:04 PM
Go ahead and get corrupt, but not because you couldn't be bothered with activating a shrine or sipping a cure, that makes no sense.

I'd get corrupted after receiving Mace of Molag Bal or something...
#6LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 7:21:01 PM
turn_based posted...
Go ahead and get corrupt, but not because you couldn't be bothered with activating a shrine or sipping a cure, that makes no sense.

I'd roleplay he is out in the wilderness somewhere with no Cure Disease potions. I'll pretend he has a cold or something already so when he starts to feel worse after an encounter with vampires in the wilderness he doesn't make the connection at first. He blames his weakness on his cold and overexertion while fighting the vampires.

He is too far away from any settlement with a shrine so he finds a nice cave or abandoned camp to rest and recover from the cold the old-fashioned way. After a couple days pass and he keeps getting worse he begins to suspect the truth. Sadly by then he is too weak to leave and has no choice but to lay there and let the disease run its course and hope for a cure later.

One day he wakes up from a nap and suddenly feels 100% better. He emerges from his resting place in the middle of the night and feels stronger than he has ever felt in his life. It's all downhill from there...
#7Billy-De-KidPosted 4/27/2013 7:35:17 PM
LordTrinen posted...
turn_based posted...

I'd roleplay he is out in the wilderness somewhere with no Cure Disease potions. I'll pretend he has a cold or something already so when he starts to feel worse after an encounter with vampires in the wilderness he doesn't make the connection at first. He blames his weakness on his cold and overexertion while fighting the vampires.

He is too far away from any settlement with a shrine so he finds a nice cave or abandoned camp to rest and recover from the cold the old-fashioned way. After a couple days pass and he keeps getting worse he begins to suspect the truth. Sadly by then he is too weak to leave and has no choice but to lay there and let the disease run its course and hope for a cure later.

One day he wakes up from a nap and suddenly feels 100% better. He emerges from his resting place in the middle of the night and feels stronger than he has ever felt in his life. It's all downhill from there...

That sounds so cool, definitely go with Corrupted Priest, it's winning the polls anyway.
---
"There's no problem you can't solve with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#8LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:03:46 PM
Since Corrupted Priest is winning the polls I'll ask again, any suggestions on which Divine he should worship?
#9The_Ivory_ManPosted 4/27/2013 8:04:55 PM
Arkay or Stendarr you know pick the opposite
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#10charon78auPosted 4/27/2013 8:06:45 PM
LordTrinen posted...
Since Corrupted Priest is winning the polls I'll ask again, any suggestions on which Divine he should worship?

Mara.

You can get agent of Mara and an amulet early. It can lead you to Erandur, where you could betray him - which ties in to the corrupting influence taking over.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78