Anyone think melee fighting is more boring then archery or magic?

#1lordgoroPosted 4/28/2013 10:39:10 PM
Even though it can be very powerful, I find just using weapons like blades, hammers, etc.. seems kinda boring compared to archery and the versatility of magic... Is it just me? Or anyone else feel this way?
---
" WHY SO SERIOUS"?
#2rx54Posted 4/28/2013 10:42:13 PM
Isn't it sad unarmed can overpower magic?
---
Save trees and become an atheist today!
#3lordgoro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 10:49:09 PM
I doubt that, unless its some exploit im unaware of.. I just find it way more fun using all forms of magic and sneak archery.. Its not about just POWER, its about having FUN playing the game!! a lot of "modern" gamers lost the whole point of gaming!! Just having fun!
---
" WHY SO SERIOUS"?
#4AlaskanBluesPosted 4/28/2013 10:53:30 PM
I feel you, TC. I get kind of bored just running into a battle and clicking the attack button a few times. I tried sneak archery out and I'm having a blast with it.
#5Flow_149Posted 4/28/2013 10:54:22 PM
I agree. Melee in my opinion is one of the games weak points. Once your stamina's depleted it seems so repetitive when your just trading blows and healing when necessary.
#6TheSilentMiragePosted 4/28/2013 10:56:33 PM
Yeah, it's boring but it's the easiest/most efficient for me at least. Since I find the combat in Skyrim to be pretty boring no matter what I try, I generally just stick with whacking things to death.
#7lordgoro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 11:07:48 PM
Yeah, its not about pure power, or who hits the hardest... With archery its how many can you pick off with stealth before they run after you.. With magic its CREATIVELY winning battles, since theoretically an actual "mage" can't just run it and go toe to toe with warriors.. I find the creative process,far more strategic in general, and a lot more fun... Thats the crux of the issue.. I dont hit harder, I hit SMARTER(or make my enemies hit each other instead, haha)...
---
" WHY SO SERIOUS"?
#8silverhunter16Posted 4/28/2013 11:23:45 PM
If you sacrifice a few things (crafting. followers, potions, sneaking w/ daggers) the game can actually be fun and challenging.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#9tizimin9Posted 4/28/2013 11:46:45 PM
silverhunter16 posted...
If you sacrifice a few things (crafting. followers, potions, sneaking w/ daggers) the game can actually be fun and challenging.

So I'm guessing you're one of those "Final-Destination-No-Items-Fox-Only-Stock-Match" kind of guys?
---
PSN: Itzimna
#10silverhunter16Posted 4/29/2013 12:17:36 AM(edited)
tizimin9 posted...
silverhunter16 posted...

So I'm guessing you're one of those "Final-Destination-No-Items-Fox-Only-Stock-Match" kind of guys?

No, I'm the kind of guy that looks for a challenge in my games. If I can kill an enemy in 1 shot or if it's impossible for me to die than it's not fun, IMO. Why play any game if it's not entertaining for you?

I'm not saying Skyrim isn't entertaining but I have to gimp myself in some way to make it entertaining. At one point or another your character gets so OPed that nothing can stand before you and you walk over everything and for what?

Most rewards are pointless cause of crafting and armor is mostly aesthetics at this point, you literally gain nothing from dungeon raiding other than xp but if your practically a god do you even need the xp? It just seems senseless to repeatedly do missions if you steamroll everything and don't even need the rewards they give.

That's just my take on it, take from it what you will.

P.S. Link and Zelda are my main on SSB games.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.