Anyone think melee fighting is more boring then archery or magic?

#21SoulOfFaythPosted 4/29/2013 3:21:04 AM
Well after a while everything gets repetitive. When I was playing a mage I found myself longing to kick some ass with an axe after a while. Now that I've played a 2h Barbarian for a while I want my next character to be a mage.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#22nova_pilotPosted 4/29/2013 3:56:24 AM
If you go for light armour and double swords, mobility is key, and it makes it really fun. Dashing in to take a swipe at an enemy and quickly side-stepping to dodge the return blow... it's a blast.
#23IamI3rianPosted 4/29/2013 4:19:08 AM
Not sneak archery. It's like those videos of those goats. Watching stuff fall over is only fun for an extremely short time.

Combat archery now, on the other hand. IMO, most fun way to play, with magic a close second.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#24ReloadPsiPosted 4/29/2013 4:41:40 AM
If you're like me and you suck royally at using dual analog, getting a snipe kill is immensely satisfying :D
---
If you've no respect for the fact that people have put the time aside to play a game with you, play a single-player game. There are thousands to choose from.
#25ReiShingami1Posted 4/29/2013 5:27:04 AM
Well, Im using two 1H swords + bow and sneaking, and im sure have fun slicing throats, choking or snap enemy back with wrestling moves. I always prefer to be sneaky type in elder scrolls game, more fun than hurr durr dash with massive weapons. But i have second character with 2H-swords, but im using it only when i feel to just run and smash stuff.

And i plan to do third character and it will be mage and female this time.
---
PSN: ReiShingami
#26bluedragon619Posted 4/29/2013 5:28:14 AM
Why not mix it up, do a sneak attack to start your attack maybe throw in a fireball then get in there with a sword and shield, skyrim doesn't have to be played exclusively to one skill tree, you can invest in all of them, granted it limits other areas unless your a high level but it still can be done
---
Your dead, NOW STAY DEAD
#27bmx_parkriderPosted 4/29/2013 5:33:35 AM
My level 10 kahjiit dominates with his claws. I mean like really dominates. Probably just cause of lower level enemies but I was surprised at how vicious he is.
---
GT: xThrasher610x I miss the very first Medal of Honor on the ps1. It was utterly fantastic.
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/xthrasher610x
#28forrestzK08Posted 4/29/2013 5:34:33 AM
All combat in this game is boring and repetative. *Pull RT* repeat untill enemy is dead. Same no matter how you play
---
Sorry about any spelling mistakes. Most of my posts are from my phone when I'm bored at work.
#29Ryan-06Posted 4/29/2013 6:48:07 AM
Don't like magic. Prefer stealth archery and melee. Feels good to put a Daedric mace to a face.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i.minus.com/ipHqzgSb9E2MY.gif
#30ZkkPosted 4/29/2013 7:19:39 AM(edited)
Modded melee combat is tons of fun ('deadly combat' is all you need to start with). Challenging, and rewards skill more than numbers. Bows are totally overpowered with stealth and require absolutely zero skill. Magic is underpowered, and it involves too much running away waiting for mana to regen (or spending a ton of money on potions), and it still requires no timing or skill. Just a bit of strategy at times to make the most of your spells.

So while you're certainly not alone with your opinion, I couldn't disagree much more.

E: Dammit, I just realized I'm not on the PC board. So scratch that about "modded combat". I guess it's all pretty boring, but melee still wins imo.