Whats the closest place to find vampires at the very beginning of game?

#1ssjmatthewPosted 4/29/2013 4:05:03 PM
Making a new character and want him to be vamp as soon as a I can, can anyone tell me the closest place to helgen you can find vampires?

Thanks for any help, Im not too familiar with the specific names of places so maybe if you could tell me if its north, south, ect. of helgen that would help a lot.
---
If a woman sleeps with 10 men she's a slut, but if a man does it..........
He's gay, definitely gay.
#2XydruPosted 4/29/2013 4:11:07 PM
I always go to Haemar's Shame.
East of Helgan and southwest of Ivarstead.
---
One bullet-proof sock goes a long way. Stay stocked.
#3DurnehviirPosted 4/29/2013 4:11:42 PM
Random encounters. Farm those.

Or: www.uesp.net

There's a Nordic ruin (the name is on the tip of my tongue) between Helgen and path to Illiana's deep.
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#4ssjmatthew(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 4:15:35 PM
thanks guys
---
#5auldfhartePosted 4/29/2013 4:18:53 PM
There is a small vampire cave just west of Whiterun, I can't recall the name but will try and look it up....
---
"There be no butter in hell!"-CCF
#6auldfhartePosted 4/29/2013 4:20:54 PM
Xydru posted...
I always go to Haemar's Shame.
East of Helgan and southwest of Ivarstead.

Actually, that is the closest one at the start of the game, come to think of it.
---
"There be no butter in hell!"-CCF
#7VasDeferensPosted 4/29/2013 4:21:34 PM
auldfharte posted...
There is a small vampire cave just west of Whiterun, I can't recall the name but will try and look it up....

Broken Fang Cave http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Broken_Fang_Cave
#8Evil_SandwichPosted 4/29/2013 4:27:37 PM(edited)
Mara's Eye Den, it's the best spot for a brand new low level character to become a Vampire (only enemies there are mudcrabs and two low level Vampires).

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/thumb/f/fa/Maras_eye_pond_location.bmp/468px-Maras_eye_pond_location.bmp.png
#9theonyxphoenixPosted 4/29/2013 4:40:15 PM
I usually hit Broken Fang Cave
---
He doesn't row.
#10ssjmatthew(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 4:58:31 PM
Wow thanks for all the info guys, this is one of the friendliest boards on gamefaqs I swear.

I got turned at broken fang btw, now to go hunting for some good armor and weapons before starting up the main quest.
---