Best defense against Dragons on my build

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best defense against Dragons on my build

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
3 years ago#1
I play a Nord who wields Wuuthrad and wears fur armor. I wanted to do the civil war but since the quest Dragon Rising was already in my log I had to defeat the Dragon first before I could give Balgruuf the axe. So now I'll have to face Dragons, which I hadn't really planned on. I wanted to keep this character magic-free but now it seems I'll have to add either alteration or restoration for magic defense. Unless someone can give some other suggestions. I don't really wanna give up my barbarian look by using higher tier armors, and since I don't use a shield Spellbreaker is out too. I already took the Lord Stone. Any ideas?
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open

User Info: TaigaWilliam

TaigaWilliam
3 years ago#2
Mara's favor
Fimd or enchant fire or magic resist gear
Have a follower and/or the guards there get in its face while you hack its legs
Ebony blade for dragons
Stay in its face and block bash it when it tries to bite

User Info: Dovah_Ah

Dovah_Ah
3 years ago#3
SoulOfFayth posted...
I play a Nord who wields Wuuthrad and wears fur armor. I wanted to do the civil war but since the quest Dragon Rising was already in my log I had to defeat the Dragon first before I could give Balgruuf the axe. So now I'll have to face Dragons, which I hadn't really planned on. I wanted to keep this character magic-free but now it seems I'll have to add either alteration or restoration for magic defense. Unless someone can give some other suggestions. I don't really wanna give up my barbarian look by using higher tier armors, and since I don't use a shield Spellbreaker is out too. I already took the Lord Stone. Any ideas?

I've always played an Archer/Melee character. Not once did I need to use alteration or restoration.

User Info: VasDeferens

VasDeferens
3 years ago#4
Plus it'll be sweet when you get the melee dragon kill-cam .

User Info: TheGrubbie

TheGrubbie
3 years ago#5
Potions, resist fire, frost whatever flavor of dragon you are facing, if you nerf the breath damage, you survive longer and kill said dragon.
"Fire" It's just 1d6 of damage per round.

User Info: Orpheus_Demigod

Orpheus_Demigod
3 years ago#6
Curaiss of Saviour's hide?

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
3 years ago#7
Oh right, Savior's Hide has magic resist and still fits to my barbarian aesthetic. I'm gonna have to use the glitch for the quest though since I'm a werewolf and want Hircine's ring too.
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open

User Info: Evil_Sandwich

Evil_Sandwich
3 years ago#8
Lord Stone + Agent of Mara + Magic Resistance (3/3) + Savor's Hide = 85% Magic Resist (which is the cap).

Also, at higher levels you can buy enchanted Necklaces from Raidant Raiment in Solitude that give 70% Fire/Frost/Shock Resistance.

User Info: pinky0926

pinky0926
3 years ago#9
Go to arcadias cauldron an get some resist fire/resist frost depending on the dragon.
CE's Resident Scotsman.
Recently sigwiped.

User Info: Xydru

Xydru
3 years ago#10
If you're not completely against Dragon Priest masks, there's Otar (30% fire/frost/shock), Ahazidal (50% fire), and Dukaan (50% frost).
One bullet-proof sock goes a long way. Stay stocked.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best defense against Dragons on my build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived