Best defense against Dragons on my build

#1SoulOfFaythPosted 4/30/2013 6:37:38 AM
I play a Nord who wields Wuuthrad and wears fur armor. I wanted to do the civil war but since the quest Dragon Rising was already in my log I had to defeat the Dragon first before I could give Balgruuf the axe. So now I'll have to face Dragons, which I hadn't really planned on. I wanted to keep this character magic-free but now it seems I'll have to add either alteration or restoration for magic defense. Unless someone can give some other suggestions. I don't really wanna give up my barbarian look by using higher tier armors, and since I don't use a shield Spellbreaker is out too. I already took the Lord Stone. Any ideas?
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#2TaigaWilliamPosted 4/30/2013 6:52:17 AM
Mara's favor
Fimd or enchant fire or magic resist gear
Have a follower and/or the guards there get in its face while you hack its legs
Ebony blade for dragons
Stay in its face and block bash it when it tries to bite
#3Dovah_AhPosted 4/30/2013 6:52:34 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
I play a Nord who wields Wuuthrad and wears fur armor. I wanted to do the civil war but since the quest Dragon Rising was already in my log I had to defeat the Dragon first before I could give Balgruuf the axe. So now I'll have to face Dragons, which I hadn't really planned on. I wanted to keep this character magic-free but now it seems I'll have to add either alteration or restoration for magic defense. Unless someone can give some other suggestions. I don't really wanna give up my barbarian look by using higher tier armors, and since I don't use a shield Spellbreaker is out too. I already took the Lord Stone. Any ideas?

I've always played an Archer/Melee character. Not once did I need to use alteration or restoration.
#4VasDeferensPosted 4/30/2013 6:59:04 AM
Plus it'll be sweet when you get the melee dragon kill-cam .
#5TheGrubbiePosted 4/30/2013 12:43:04 PM
Potions, resist fire, frost whatever flavor of dragon you are facing, if you nerf the breath damage, you survive longer and kill said dragon.
---
"Fire" It's just 1d6 of damage per round.
#6Orpheus_DemigodPosted 4/30/2013 2:26:40 PM
Curaiss of Saviour's hide?
#7SoulOfFayth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 3:40:49 PM
Oh right, Savior's Hide has magic resist and still fits to my barbarian aesthetic. I'm gonna have to use the glitch for the quest though since I'm a werewolf and want Hircine's ring too.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#8Evil_SandwichPosted 4/30/2013 5:36:19 PM
Lord Stone + Agent of Mara + Magic Resistance (3/3) + Savor's Hide = 85% Magic Resist (which is the cap).

Also, at higher levels you can buy enchanted Necklaces from Raidant Raiment in Solitude that give 70% Fire/Frost/Shock Resistance.
#9pinky0926Posted 4/30/2013 6:06:56 PM
Go to arcadias cauldron an get some resist fire/resist frost depending on the dragon.
---
CE's Resident Scotsman.
Recently sigwiped.
#10XydruPosted 4/30/2013 6:57:15 PM
If you're not completely against Dragon Priest masks, there's Otar (30% fire/frost/shock), Ahazidal (50% fire), and Dukaan (50% frost).
---
One bullet-proof sock goes a long way. Stay stocked.