I got started doing a Paladin build!

#114EverMew(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 12:46:10 PM
I actually wanted to play as a paladin for a long time. I have played as a full mage but Beth nerfed the magic since it came out 11/11/11 yes i still remember that release day. lol

But i have played as a thief character for a long time, and i still am. I wanted to make a build for my favorite elf in The Legend of Zelda to be my first warrior/knight but i didn't do it at all so...i...decided to try out being a paladin because it sounded a lot cooler and fun to do a character as a paladin.

Story short, i was looking at some old topics here on gfaqs to make a paladin character. So i did! :D And it's a lot of fun.
---
PSN/GT TheUchihaKid - Team: xG0K3Nx
"Giving up already? C'mon, Sora, I thought you were stronger than that."
#12CarbideTitanPosted 5/3/2013 12:51:01 PM
Read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

Interesting stuff.
---
Everything's better with thrusters.
#13CrazycatdudePosted 5/3/2013 1:05:59 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
i always thought paladins as two handed sword fighters

Prot Paly > everything

Didn't you know? F'in newb
---
There is nothing in the world more helpless, depraved, and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an RPG binge.
#14blcpackPosted 5/3/2013 1:30:37 PM
I did one and had a lot of fun with it, I loved using dawnbreaker in crypts!
---
It's better to regret the things you did than the things you didn't do.
#15VasDeferensPosted 5/3/2013 1:59:44 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
i always thought paladins as two handed sword fighters

I thought fantasy type Paladins were sword + shield myself . Restoration as their main spell school, of course, for the healing and undead turning spells .
#164EverMew(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 3:13:53 PM
The only paladin character i know of is Cecil in Final Fantasy 4. I still have the DS FF4 with me. So i decided to do a female imperial paladin, and she is the most beautiful woman in Skyrim. :)

Sorry that i don't have a picture of my character
---
PSN/GT TheUchihaKid - Team: xG0K3Nx
"Giving up already? C'mon, Sora, I thought you were stronger than that."
#17ShaminardrgnPosted 5/5/2013 4:27:04 AM(edited)
Ryan-06 posted...
What exactly is a paladin, in real history I mean? A type of infantry soldier?

When I hear that, I'm reminded of the Paladin guy in Mass Effect 3 lol.

What did you just say?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otf9Bnm48Kk

To give you the short version, a Paladin is a holy knight blessed with divine powers who fights for what is right rather than what is lawfull, plus they don't stereotype or judge others (both humans and other creatures, even 'scary' ones).

Basically, they're kindly fighters who only kill evil-doers (and even then, they'd try and reason with them), Plus Paladins have healing magic, abilities to sense danger and lies, and read aura, calm hostiles to avoid having to kill them, and they'll sacrifice their lives and their very souls to save others without a single hesitation of their own well being.

Paladins are pretty awesome. but if you're to play as one, you'll have to avoid stealing, murder, assassinations, stereotyping, racism, abuse, bullying, genocide and they will try and avoid war (meaning that you can not take a side in the civil war, as both sides aren't truely evil, and you'd try and use diplomacy to solve the situation to avoid bloodshed...something that isn't possible due to the way the game is scripted.)

---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#18DurnehviirPosted 5/5/2013 4:43:22 AM
Shaminardrgn posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
What exactly is a paladin, in real history I mean? A type of infantry soldier?

When I hear that, I'm reminded of the Paladin guy in Mass Effect 3 lol.

What did you just say?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otf9Bnm48Kk

To give you the short version, a Paladin is a holy knight blessed with divine powers who fights for what is right rather than what is lawfull, plus they don't stereotype or judge others (both humans and other creatures, even 'scary' ones).

Basically, they're kindly fighters who only kill evil-doers (and even then, they'd try and reason with them), Plus Paladins have healing magic, abilities to sense danger and lies, and read aura, calm hostiles to avoid having to kill them, and they'll sacrifice their lives and their very souls to save others without a single hesitation of their own well being.

Paladins are pretty awesome. but if you're to play as one, you'll have to avoid stealing, murder, assassinations, stereotyping, racism, abuse, bullying, genocide and they will try and avoid war (meaning that you can not take a side in the civil war, as both sides aren't truely evil, and you'd try and use diplomacy to solve the situation to avoid bloodshed...something that isn't possible due to the way the game is scripted.)

Um...Historically.
It's in the quote for f*** sake. As far as I know, there's never been a paladin that could magically cure anyone....
---
I am the shadow, I am the darkness, I am the tickling at your spine, I am the whisper in your mind. I am Durnehviir. I will have your soul.
#19ShaminardrgnPosted 5/5/2013 5:03:03 AM(edited)
Ah, you mean from history?

Ok.

A paladin is a paragon of chivalry; a heroic champion. They are a strong supporter or defender of a cause.

A good example is the 12 peers of Charlemagne's court.

Basically they fight for what's right, honorable and noble, rather than just plain killing for the sake of killing and revenge.
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2