Can you screw up a character like you could in Oblivion?

#11Ilikemyname420Posted 5/4/2013 8:17:35 AM
Rikiaz posted...
Why do people over exaggerate Oblivion's leveling system? It's really hard to screw up a character in Oblivion unless you do stupid things.

Yeah it wasn't that bad. But I guess compared to this game you could gimp your character pretty much right at the point of creation.
#12Evil_SandwichPosted 5/4/2013 8:19:30 AM(edited)
Rikiaz posted...
Why do people over exaggerate Oblivion's leveling system? It's really hard to screw up a character in Oblivion unless you do stupid things.

This ^

I remember making a godly female dark elf w/ 100 in all skills, 100 in all attributes, capped resist and 101% damage reflect.

Was NOT hard to do like...at all...
#13sunbro1Posted 5/4/2013 8:41:39 AM
The only way you could screw up a build in Oblivion is if you didn't know how to make a hybrid class.
---
Ours is the fury
#14Aleu1010Posted 5/4/2013 9:02:57 AM
Rikiaz posted...

I screwed it up having not played an Elder Scrolls game before Oblivion. After learning how the system worked playing and reading up on some suggested character builds I scrapped my first character and had a lot more fun with a better build for round two.
---
-
#15Ice_Shield(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 3:50:32 PM
Rikiaz posted...

Yes, it was easy to understand and overcome, but that was when I read up on it. Oblivion was my first ES game so I was just leveling what I wanted. The stat differences don't make a difference that much if you're trying to max or not, its only a point here or point there, but when you get two max level characters where one was trained to max out leveling while the other wasn't it makes a big difference.
---
SNES FAQ Completion Project
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-faq-contributors-general/60384415
#16RikiazPosted 5/5/2013 7:54:46 AM
Rikiaz posted...

Yes, it was easy to understand and overcome, but that was when I read up on it. Oblivion was my first ES game so I was just leveling what I wanted. The stat differences don't make a difference that much if you're trying to max or not, its only a point here or point there, but when you get two max level characters where one was trained to max out leveling while the other wasn't it makes a big difference.

Yes but who cares about min/maxing when it seriously isn't needed.

I played a Breton mage. Never put a single point into Endurance. I used the Necromancer's Amulet draining my endurance to a mere 6 points. Never had a problem with it even though I had almost no health. In fact, it made it even more fun knowing that I could die from pretty much anything.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality