Elder Scrolls Roleplay: Characters And Out-Of-Character Discussion (OOC) 9

#281FalloutgenuisPosted 5/17/2013 9:18:12 AM
tizimin9 posted...
Hey Fallout...

I loaded up Skyrim just now, I had completely forgotten where I was, hit continue.

Turns out I'm in a falmer cave, playing as my Khajiit crossbowman, and I was just about to kill a chaurus.

"How fitting,"

I thought to myself.

Perfect. When are you going to drop another SP? I love reading them.
---
Gt: RAW DJ
You are now breathing manually.
#282tizimin9Posted 5/17/2013 5:41:26 PM
Aw man, even the badass werewolf hunter becomes a little poo-see.

See, that's why I wanted to make an antagonist tailored for that couple. A badass guy who will stay badass, not let himself get wrapped up in teen drama.

^Is totally kidding, thought the scene was actually quite enjoyable.

As for Story Post tonight, sorry Fallout, I'm just feelin' sleepy right now, and I have to go to work in an hour.
---
PSN: Itzimna
#283I_Dont_AgreePosted 5/17/2013 5:52:54 PM
tizimin9 posted...
Aw man, even the badass werewolf hunter becomes a little poo-see.

See, that's why I wanted to make an antagonist tailored for that couple. A badass guy who will stay badass, not let himself get wrapped up in teen drama.

^Is totally kidding, thought the scene was actually quite enjoyable.

As for Story Post tonight, sorry Fallout, I'm just feelin' sleepy right now, and I have to go to work in an hour.

Hey now, I got enough on my plate without having to come up with flash villains every five posts! =p

There are others, however, that might fit the villain role, if the need arises...

*spooky jingle*
---
NO SIN EVADES HIS GAZE
Official Hand Axe of the Dark Souls board
#284tizimin9Posted 5/18/2013 5:03:49 AM(edited)
So I'm just now actually checking out the ruins of Bthalft, since I felt I should at least know what scenery I'm supposed to be describing.

Katria: Can you believe nobody's been down here in four thousand years?!?

Me: Shut up Katria, you don't know **** 'cause nobody wanted your spectral ass taggin' along!

But yeah, exploring this area is so much cooler since I can imagine all the events transpiring there. As I'm killing the bandits in the game I was imagining Aetherius and Jian'go being in the exact same spots, and I could picture how the pikemen could easily surround the group using the archways as choke-points, and the cliffs the arbalests fired down from..... aww yeah!

The imagination is a wonderful thing.

And then someone else imagined the game, and you're imagining about the game, but then you're imagining what could happen in the RP, and you play the game, so you're imagining what other people are going to imagine inside the world that was imagined up by someone else, and this is all fueling your own little adventure through the fantasy world..

**** just gets so META man.

It makes me feel so disconnected from reality.

I'm thinking, Did Valiente really exist, and the story of the game I'm playing now about the Khajiit Crossbowman is fictional, or is the story of the Khajiit Crossbowman the real one, and Valiente is just a made-up backstory for what happened to the place?

Obviously I know the answer is that they are both fictional, and that neither are canonical, but that the story of the Khajiit takes place within a world that could possibly be canon, while the story of Valiente takes place within a story that could never be canon. The paradox arises when you use that as an analogy for reality.

As in, Valiente has no way of knowing he's not real, nor does Dar-jo'zakamos, my Khajiit crossbowman. So therefore, what if someone is playing a videogame that simulates a high-quality version of a game? How do we know we're not just characters from The Elder Scrolls XXXVIII: Earth?

Furthermore, Valiente sees himself as an honorable man. His creator, myself, sees him as a completely different entity that is constantly changing to suit the needs of the Roleplay's plot. In my mind, Valiente has done so many different things in different timelines, while to the reader, Valiente has been existing in a linear progression, and we only see one facet of what I consider to be the Valiente character. Every reader will picture a different Valiente. I'm certain that the image I have of Lysona and Vereez, and of Prostasia and Fynn is nonidentical from how their creators imagine them.

So what if that principle is applied to the self, the actual physical and mental self, rather than a fictional character. The world is real, the people are real, physical beings, rather than a fantasy world created by the collective consciousness of a group of Gamefaqs posters, but the principles still remain. My parents view me as a very different entity than my friends do, or my boss. They see different sides, different aspects. I, myself, can view the entirety of those parts, but they cannot. So what if there are different aspects of ourselves that we ourselves cannot see? If we cannot see these different aspects, how can we describe them? Perhaps these different aspects are the resolution to the plot holes in our lives, so to speak. It's very difficult to speak about what these aspects would look like to us, because they wouldn't "look", they would just "be," there is no word to describe it, so we cannot talk about it. It's like the book 1984, where they use tru-speak or whatever to make people unable to think about freedom or individuality.

Man.

Yeah, I've been thinking in this state of mind, since, oh, around Four-twenty A.m or so, approximately.
---
PSN: Itzimna
#285Gannondwarf432Posted 5/18/2013 10:27:12 AM
Part 8 is live
---
I am Gannon the Sane, not to be confused with Gannon the Grain. Now bring me all your single shoes!
Official Prophet of the Elder Scrolls Roleplay
#286sunbro1Posted 5/18/2013 10:29:11 AM
is it still time skipping or not?
---
Ours is the fury
#287Pootbird(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 10:29:47 AM
sunbro1 posted...

Nope.
---
The official POOTIS to the Elder Scrolls RP.
Drugs? Please, I have daft punk.
#288Gannondwarf432Posted 5/18/2013 10:31:09 AM
Pootbird posted...
sunbro1 posted...

Nope.

We still plan on having a time skip, but it is not happening just yet (soon hopefully, just need to wrap up an arc and a half between all of us)
---
I am Gannon the Sane, not to be confused with Gannon the Grain. Now bring me all your single shoes!
#289I_Dont_AgreePosted 5/18/2013 11:04:49 AM
Sw0rd will be gone for a bit, so I will temporarily control all characters associated with him.
---
NO SIN EVADES HIS GAZE
Official Hand Axe of the Dark Souls board
#290Gannondwarf432Posted 5/18/2013 12:02:45 PM
I am controlling the random new love interest for Elixium, just as an NPC for Elixium to give the sex. This is only temporary, like with Vereez's parents.
---