IYO what was skyrims BIGGEST disappointment?

#11turn_basedPosted 5/4/2013 1:23:49 PM
Abyssmal writing i.e. guilds, quests, and main story
#12theonyxphoenixPosted 5/4/2013 1:25:04 PM
Regarding the guild quests: I have no basis for comparison so I am not excessively dissatisfied.

I, therefore, would have to throw my hat in to the "dragon riding" ring.
---
He doesn't row.
#13PimpHandofGodPosted 5/4/2013 1:34:37 PM
The game itself. They didn't live up to half of their promises, the guilds were shallow and rushed, the final battle was anti climactic, its ugly, they've got 70 voice actors and everyone still sounds the same, the game holds your hand 90% of the time and nothing you do has any real impact. Its all just so mediocre. Its one saving grace is that you can play how you want.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#14HoonDingPosted 5/4/2013 1:34:48 PM
Skyrim was the first ES game I played and I didn't really have any prior expectations, so I can't really say anything was a disappointment. I just took it as it is. Guild questlines aren't all that bad, especially when you realize that if you count all of the side-quests they actually have more quests than they did in Oblivion.

I was kind of surprised they included dragon riding in the first place. After all the b****ing, I almost wish they didn't, but we've moved on since then.

I'm a little disappointed at the amount of spells added by the DLC. The new spells are awesome, but there still need to be a lot more. And I was hoping the legendary patch would have meant Bethesda were planning on adding new perks.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#15JonicArcPosted 5/4/2013 1:37:37 PM
Dragon Battles.

Everything else is typical elder scrolls ****, but this game went to a lot to promote being a dragonborn, for **** sake. If I can stand in one spot & wait for a dragon to land. Back hand it to stop its breath or just drink a healing potion to laugh at it. Dragons don't even freaking heal, & I thought they were suppose to be smart.

If a monster has it's own theme music when I fight it, I want it to be a challenge.
---
Stand back.... Don't make me unsheathe the legendary blade known as FanboySlayer !!!
#16Rougarou_31337Posted 5/4/2013 1:41:58 PM
Other - essential NPCs and items.
#17CarbideTitanPosted 5/4/2013 1:43:04 PM
JonicArc posted...
Dragon Battles.

Everything else is typical elder scrolls ****, but this game went to a lot to promote being a dragonborn, for **** sake. If I can stand in one spot & wait for a dragon to land. Back hand it to stop its breath or just drink a healing potion to laugh at it. Dragons don't even freaking heal, & I thought they were suppose to be smart.

If a monster has it's own theme music when I fight it, I want it to be a challenge.

You don't play on legendary do you?
---
Everything's better with thrusters.
#18XydruPosted 5/4/2013 1:48:46 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...
It's a tie between Alduin and the quests.

---
Sunny D - Not even bacon can make it better.
#19turn_basedPosted 5/4/2013 2:13:55 PM(edited)
CarbideTitan posted...
JonicArc posted...
Dragon Battles.

You don't play on legendary do you?

oh, you're one of 'those' people...
guess I'll add another name to the harder =/= smarter crowd

Edited: and I agree with JonicArc regarding the whole dragon thing, underwhelming. It ought to tell ya something about your game if most people refuse to complete or even start the main quest after the 1st time.
#20RedEyeHairyPosted 5/4/2013 2:11:16 PM
The guild quests were such a big disappointment compared to the previous titles.
---
GT: Da Rapier
"The Lord forgives everything, but I'm just a prophet... So I don't have to."