IYO what was skyrims BIGGEST disappointment?

#141DarthSchubertPosted 5/6/2013 7:47:14 AM
Dragon battles... there are things like levelling enemies that I hate, but that I expected to be in the game. So I wasn't really dissapointed

As for the dragon battles, I was hoping for some truly epic fights instead of the mundane pattern combats we end up with.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#142LockeadonPosted 5/6/2013 11:35:35 AM
CarbideTitan posted...
turn_based posted...
CarbideTitan posted...
JonicArc posted...
Dragon Battles.

Everything else is typical elder scrolls ****, but this game went to a lot to promote being a dragonborn, for **** sake. If I can stand in one spot & wait for a dragon to land. Back hand it to stop its breath or just drink a healing potion to laugh at it. Dragons don't even freaking heal, & I thought they were suppose to be smart.

If a monster has it's own theme music when I fight it, I want it to be a challenge.

You don't play on legendary do you?

oh, you're one of 'those' people...
guess I'll add another name to the harder =/= smarter crowd

Edited: and I agree with JonicArc regarding the whole dragon thing, underwhelming. It ought to tell ya something about your game if most people refuse to complete or even start the main quest after the 1st time.

I'm just telling you that you cant stand around while a legendary dragon attacks if you play on a legitimate difficulty setting.

Do you stand next to a thermostat and whine that it's too hot? or do you turn the thermostat down?

seems more like she made herself super-op and then found the game too easy. hell if you don't make yourself a god of death dragons that are about your level are a challenge even on novice, problem with that is the weaker types of dragon will keep appearing even after being outleveled massively.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#143BossJ592Posted 5/6/2013 5:10:33 PM
Lockeadon posted...
CarbideTitan posted...
turn_based posted...
CarbideTitan posted...
JonicArc posted...
Dragon Battles.

Everything else is typical elder scrolls ****, but this game went to a lot to promote being a dragonborn, for **** sake. If I can stand in one spot & wait for a dragon to land. Back hand it to stop its breath or just drink a healing potion to laugh at it. Dragons don't even freaking heal, & I thought they were suppose to be smart.

If a monster has it's own theme music when I fight it, I want it to be a challenge.

You don't play on legendary do you?

oh, you're one of 'those' people...
guess I'll add another name to the harder =/= smarter crowd

Edited: and I agree with JonicArc regarding the whole dragon thing, underwhelming. It ought to tell ya something about your game if most people refuse to complete or even start the main quest after the 1st time.

I'm just telling you that you cant stand around while a legendary dragon attacks if you play on a legitimate difficulty setting.

Do you stand next to a thermostat and whine that it's too hot? or do you turn the thermostat down?

seems more like she made herself super-op and then found the game too easy. hell if you don't make yourself a god of death dragons that are about your level are a challenge even on novice, problem with that is the weaker types of dragon will keep appearing even after being outleveled massively.

The dragon battle problem IMO is just that there are too many of them.
Dragons are the ultimate fantasy RPG boss (Red dragons baby!) but somehow Skyrim saturated the game with them. That took the mythos outta the dragons and made them more or less a regular big ass enemy.

And for people that say bump the difficulty up ... I just don't agree with it. People (including me) loved Demon's Souls , Dark Souls , Dragons Dogma because the challenge is there from the start. I personally don't want to have to bump the game difficulty up... just make it a challenge. Or be forced to role play with weaker armor and weapons to get that "hard" feeling , lol.
---
PSN: BossJ592