IYO what was skyrims BIGGEST disappointment?

#41legend4ryg4m3rPosted 5/4/2013 4:27:26 PM
Faction questlines. Can't believe you didn't put that in the poll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#42AwesomeID32000Posted 5/4/2013 4:33:06 PM(edited)
Major quest lines in general that have almost no tangible impact on the world. Civil War quest lines especially (even more so, the Civil War quest was mirrored, meaning if you played it again on the other side on a new character the events and missions play out identically).
---
Killzone 2 will be a killer ape on so many levels - amp3000
#43Unbridled9Posted 5/4/2013 4:41:53 PM
The number of Morrowind fans who rip on the game constantly. That's my biggest disappointment.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#44xKANONxPosted 5/4/2013 4:45:55 PM
The wooden faces and non-existent personalities.
#45Arn544Posted 5/4/2013 5:07:19 PM
The totally boring quests in general.

Epic teaser trailer, then nothing in the entire game manages to live up to it.
#46XydruPosted 5/4/2013 5:16:15 PM
ValedictorianXD posted...
Rikashi posted...
Ice_Shield posted...
The graphics style was a dislike for me. I hadn't even looked at a single picture of the game before I bought it so nothing was a let down. Just... the graphics are so grainy? Dull? Dirty? I don't quite know how to explain it. Oblivion just looks so much more polished than Skyrim.

I think the words you're looking for are colorful and vibrant, in which aspect Oblivion was indeed the superior game.

I'm just glad we no longer have blue-haired stillborn Bosmer dwarfs running about though.

True but that color palette in Oblivion was so diverse, it actually does look much better than Skyrim in a lot of important ways. Any artist will tell you this:
It doesn't matter how good your brush strokes are or how attentive to detail you may be, a painting without the right colors is not art. It's trash.

Skyrim's art design was like Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest to Oblivion's Castlevania: advanced but utterly dreadful.

Utterly dreadful? That seems too harsh, imo.
I find tons of beauty in Skyrim. Oblivion was very generic and almost cartoony sometimes.
---
Sunny D - Not even bacon can make it better.
#47tyroneladPosted 5/4/2013 5:16:29 PM
The shortness of the Dark Brotherhood main quest
---
Stop right there, criminal scum!
#48BossJ592Posted 5/4/2013 5:17:47 PM
Unbridled9 posted...
The number of Morrowind fans who rip on the game constantly. That's my biggest disappointment.

They shouldn't rip the game but if you played morrowind you would know. ES went from rpg to Action FPS type game like Hexen lol.
---
PSN: BossJ592
#49BlueEye0Posted 5/4/2013 5:19:36 PM
Lack of actual stats. It's health, magic, stamina, all the skills and the weapon and armor ratings. Well I guess what I mean are more traditional stats. Attack, Spirit, Endurance, Agility and that sorta stuff.
#50the_old_daysPosted 5/4/2013 5:22:16 PM
The guilds: the short length of their questlines, the lack of satisfying progression to leadership, and the lack of consequence in their completion.

Also, the radiant quest system was not nearly as cool as they hyped it to be.