Skyrim's got to sort its s*** out.

#1pinky0926Posted 5/4/2013 9:41:52 PM
God where to start, the place is such a mess.

1. 200 years since the Oblivion Crisis and no advances in technology?
2. There's more bandits and horrible creates than there are people. Hell, half the "good" and "peaceful" people of the holds have something shady about them. I honestly wonder how any trade happens when I can't walk from one place to another without being brutally savaged by bears and sabrecats if not necromancers and bandits.
3. Everyone is bisexual, but nearly everyone is severely and openly racist too? Those two things don't typically go hand in hand.
4. Very small-minded entrepreneurial culture. Here I am, trying to trade mythical items legend crafted with exceptionally rare materials, and you can't summon up more than a handful of coins? You've got no competition, surely you should have some investment coin?

I could go on and on.
---
CE's Resident Scotsman.
Recently sigwiped.
#2pokepooperPosted 5/4/2013 10:04:50 PM
1. Ever heard of the Dark Ages? The whole world of Elder Scrolls is Western Europe for that.
2. Imagine if rats could **** you up without blinking their eyes. There would be more of them roaming the streets then there are now, yes?
3. "real" religion is completely different from Elder Scrolls religion, and all nords are super hot, so there's that.
4. Go to a small town and try to sell your car, which, with inflation, would be about 6000 gold (estimated). Good luck with that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el11DhtTVrM
GT: ZestfulClown
#3Dreadsword101Posted 5/4/2013 10:23:18 PM
1. The ES verse is stuck in medieval stasis. Enforced by the ES series having always been in such a setting so the developers probably aren't comfortable with making large changes with the setting. At least a quarter of the fanbase would complain as well.

2. I... actually wonder this as well. I also wonder why all the bandits don't bother banding together to take over all of holds as there are more than enough of them to do so. Sure, they are all probably going to betray and kill each other afterwards, but at least they could do it.

3. *brain fart prevents me from typing anything*

4. A fictional culture different from cultures in reality? I agree, that's crazy!
#4pinky0926(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 10:26:09 PM
pokepooper posted...
1. Ever heard of the Dark Ages? The whole world of Elder Scrolls is Western Europe for that.
2. Imagine if rats could **** you up without blinking their eyes. There would be more of them roaming the streets then there are now, yes?
3. "real" religion is completely different from Elder Scrolls religion, and all nords are super hot, so there's that.
4. Go to a small town and try to sell your car, which, with inflation, would be about 6000 gold (estimated). Good luck with that.

You couldn't have proven my point any better than that. Skyrim needs to sort its s*** out.
---
CE's Resident Scotsman.
Recently sigwiped.
#5X ProwLPosted 5/4/2013 11:15:30 PM
Openly racist... oh lord.
---
Gamefaqs, The only place where a Single post can get moderated, Overturned and then RE-Moderated. Pathetic.