Kind of new/def challenging

#1AflockOfHippiesPosted 5/6/2013 5:44:30 PM
I was almost 80hrs into my current game, and like so many other players I just wasn't happy with my character build and the way the game was playing. Not that it wasn't fun, but having already put 100s of hrs into the game and several play throughs it was just feeling too much like all the others.

So, I decided to start yet AGAIN, but try to make the game more realistic than ever before. I have just now got to Whiterun and already the game is kind of like playing it again for the first time. (Even though I do know what to expect for the most part.)

The reason is I have disabled all HUD displays and started the game from the beginning on Legendary difficulty. I am also doing no fast traveling and taking no short cuts or "cheats" to level up faster or cut corners on my character building. This has forced me to really pay closer attention to ALL aspects of the game. I am using potions more often, etc. It really does feel sorta new. But it is MOST DEFINITELY challenging!

Got attacked by a Dark Brotherhood assassin on way to Whiterun already and died several times before finally barely killing him one strike before I went down again. My heart was racing to win the battle and it hasn't done that since the first time I put the game in. Anyone else done this and how did it work for you?
---
Momma always said groovy is as groovy does.Or was it video games are the devil? Game long and prosper. Shop smart shop S-mart!
#2BillyMaysThe3rdPosted 5/6/2013 5:47:19 PM
i haven't done it but i might in the future

but i wonder how you will do against enemies like dragons, dragon priests, etc? that's gonna be reallyyyy tough
#3AflockOfHippies(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 6:48:38 PM
Yes. There is that one dragon fight near Whiterun that is soon in the game. That will be tough. But playing like this has forced me to really think about how, when and where I am going to go and what I am going to do. I have to put thought and strategy into it like never before or I will be telling NPCs "I used to be an adventurer like you until I took a glass mace in the head."

But that makes it more realistic than ever before. I just can't run in sword swinging and not be concerned about taking damage. 2 or 3 hits and its over sometimes. Definitely have to focus on more stealth type techniques early and avoid direct combat. It is proving fun and new. But difficult. However, the difficulty is part of what makes it fun. It's the same game, and yet...it's not.

Right now focusing on getting my Breezeway home bought, up and running so I can have a homebase to launch my character from. After that, not sure what comes next. First time had that problem in a while.
---
Momma always said groovy is as groovy does.Or was it video games are the devil? Game long and prosper. Shop smart shop S-mart!
#4AflockOfHippies(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 8:34:58 PM
Also, does anyone know what will happen if I complete the civil war quest line before you have to have the peace summit with the greybeards in main story? Thinking of mixing that up as well this time, but was wondering if it had any affect on the game other than maybe removing that mission from the quest line. Or does it?
---
#5charon78auPosted 5/6/2013 9:29:35 PM
AflockOfHippies posted...
Also, does anyone know what will happen if I complete the civil war quest line before you have to have the peace summit with the greybeards in main story? Thinking of mixing that up as well this time, but was wondering if it had any affect on the game other than maybe removing that mission from the quest line. Or does it?

It just skips the mission. No adverse effects.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78