I keep seeing people start over for a new build...

#1Brass EaglePosted 5/6/2013 11:18:11 PM
I guess it confuses me a little. I mean, can't you just start working on those skills rather than starting a whole new character? Maybe it's the class they want to change? Any enlightenment would be cool...I mean I started out as an assassin type with archery as my main focus but when I got bored with that I just started wearing heavy armor and swinging swords. Maybe it's an immersive thing to get the full effect?
#2Gamer_X27Posted 5/6/2013 11:22:00 PM
Brass Eagle posted...
Maybe it's an immersive thing to get the full effect?

Mostly this (for me anyways).
---
as you may presently yourself fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#3Brass Eagle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:26:21 PM
Okay, I just started playing again so I was just wondering if I was missing something. I kind of figured this game let you be whatever you wanted to be without holding you back to a certain style to play
#4RebelElite791Posted 5/6/2013 11:29:58 PM
Uhh, well without respeccing or making skills legendary, you can't exactly have enough perk points to make a complete jack of all trades.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/JAEbWQN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg
#5Brass Eagle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:39:06 PM
Wow I guess it has been awhile. I thought once you got a skill to 100 you had enough perks to fill the entire tree. That makes more sense now.
#6Alastor-10Posted 5/7/2013 1:49:22 AM
I just did this the other day. Threw away my level 20 Thief mage hybrid i was going for but came to the realization that at level 20 apprentice level destruction magic and bound sword cuts like a butter knife on steel. (most of my levels where in pick pocketing and lock picking, well I learned.)
Now I got a decent mage build going with a follower being my courage filled tank.
#7SlayerslugPosted 5/7/2013 5:37:43 AM
Because enemies scale up with your level and if I started using skills that were only at 15 i would get roflstomped. Plus I've already cleared a crap load of dungeons and completed all the fun quests.
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#8NefhithPosted 5/7/2013 5:53:05 AM
Well. I've got a melee breton, that has heavy armor, one-handed and block.

He's already level 30, and I'd like to start using a mage, but he's got only 100 magicka and enemies can't be killed with 100 magicka used with the basic spells, or anything I can spell with that low amount.

Also, I'd like to start making him a sneaky archer, but since he's using heavy armor, he can't be sneaky at all, so I'll have to start speccing him into light armor, where the enemies will probably kill me in one hit, and should also start increasing smithing (left side) for the light armor forging.

And let's not forget the ancient dragons that start spawning, which can't be killed with an ebony bow without any perk invested in archery.

And I'm not going to resto-loop alchemy or something like that to get all the perk points I want. Do you now get why many people does many characters?

Also, immersion in this game is cool.
#9Necro_Fear89Posted 5/7/2013 7:26:56 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Uhh, well without respeccing or making skills legendary, you can't exactly have enough perk points to make a complete jack of all trades.

What's with you all of a sudden? You rarely ever post on topic pertaining to gameplay, it's sort of strange lol
---
The Maiden in Black's blessing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByX90Ezn0s
"Go forth Garl Vinland! May you be unharmed.."- Saint Astraea
#10SkimMilk1988Posted 5/7/2013 7:38:17 AM
I like to play certain "roles" with certain race/gender combos. So if I want to start sword-and-boarding I'm not going to use my Argonian thief/assassin. With patch 1.9 it is a lot easier to make a jack-of-all-trades character, but its fairly hard to legendary certain skills (to reset the perk points in their tree). Things like Light/Heavy Armor, Weapon skills, Speech, Lockpicking, etc., level fairly easy as you play the game, but I'd have no interest in getting the to 100 just to reset them for the perk points I invested in them. Especially since most of the exploits are gone on the Xbox 360 version.