Would you want Bethesda to pull a "New Vegas" on TES?

#31Jeh64Posted 5/8/2013 2:51:45 AM
Sounds good to me
#32DarthSchubertPosted 5/8/2013 6:22:32 AM
New Vegas might not have been called Fallout 4, but it was the next Fallout. It's not really a spinoff in my opinion - I mean, it even has the same game engine.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#33Ajd_KingPosted 5/8/2013 7:02:46 AM
No_one_special posted...
I'd rather not if Chris Avellone winds up trying to go through with his whole "nuke 'em all" desire for the NCR...

Where'd he say this? Just curious, never heard it before.
---
"When the gates opened, Argonians poured into Oblivion with such fury and might, Dagon's Lieutenants had to close them."
#34No_one_specialPosted 5/8/2013 8:25:13 AM
Ajd_King posted...
No_one_special posted...
I'd rather not if Chris Avellone winds up trying to go through with his whole "nuke 'em all" desire for the NCR...

Where'd he say this? Just curious, never heard it before.

It was an interview he gave sometime after Lonesome Road was released.

He said that he hated the NCR and the fact that it and Caesar's Legion gave the impression that the Wasteland was recovering. For him, the Fallout series was ALWAYS about the post-apocalyptic, so if it was up to him, he'd have canon be that the Courier opted to nuke BOTH sides.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#35TkmajingPosted 5/8/2013 8:34:49 AM
Bethesda sucks. Obsidian sucks. Skyrim sucks. New Vegas sucks.
---
What in the name of?
#36Ajd_KingPosted 5/8/2013 8:57:32 AM
No_one_special posted...
He said that he hated the NCR and the fact that it and Caesar's Legion gave the impression that the Wasteland was recovering. For him, the Fallout series was ALWAYS about the post-apocalyptic, so if it was up to him, he'd have canon be that the Courier opted to nuke BOTH sides.

"I wanted to nuke the Fallout world to reset things. NCR's getting a bit big, and it's making things too civilized. Lonesome Road was a way of resetting the culture clock."

"I believe Ulysses is correct, a new framework of civilization is the only solution for the Mojave and the Legion and NCR are self-destructive institutions (the Legion is more a slow burn than NCR is) and both should be cleansed with fire."

I'm not getting the impression that he hated the NCR and Legion from a narrative standpoint, only that he doesn't want it going further.
---
"When the gates opened, Argonians poured into Oblivion with such fury and might, Dagon's Lieutenants had to close them."
#37NovaLevossidaPosted 5/8/2013 8:59:13 AM
I wouldn't want Bioware anywhere near TES after Dragon Age 2 and how they conducted themselves during the ending fiasco of ME3. Yes, the ending was stupid and was also everything they promised it wouldn't be (A, B, or C generic endings), but that's not really what upset me; I can live with a bad ending (my reaction was "that was... kind of terrible" and I moved on) and I wasn't one of the people petitioning for a new one. What got to me is how absolutely childish and derisive the company conducted itself through the whole thing.

That, and during Dragon Age 2 / DA Awakening, there's a character you can kill off in Awakening if you so choose. This character returns in DA2 no matter what your choice was, and the writer went on the Bioware forums and basically said he didn't care what the players' choices were in a game that is built around players' choices. He said he felt like bringing the character back, didn't care what the players wanted or chose, and brought him back, so deal with it. And he was much more confrontational and mean-spirited than I could ever describe in summary here. Class act.

Granted, Bethesda's team and Todd tend to make some promises that they don't follow through on (though not as bad as the creator of the Fable series), they still conduct themselves in a rather good way and deliver a good product at the end of the day. And while Obsidian does good work in general (if a bit buggy, but even then you got to compare it to Bethesda's bugs), the lore and world of TES is such that I'd prefer Bethesda stay in charge of that.

In short, I'd like more Skyrim DLC (which isn't happening), a new Bethesda-produced TES game, and I don't care much which one makes FO4.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage
#38Dovah_AhPosted 5/8/2013 9:11:32 AM
No. Obsidian should never do an TES game. Actually, if Todd Howard isn't involved with TES, I ain't listening.
#39gunsndrosesPosted 5/8/2013 2:50:25 PM
Gods no. Hated New Vegas.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#40soulofillushaPosted 5/8/2013 3:37:45 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Gods no. Hated New Vegas.

This. Spin offs are almost always inferior. While they might temporarily satiate your desire to play a certain series, I find they tend to water everything down and even saturate my anticipation for the actual installments which ultimately dulls the experience.