So no more DLC!?

#121RebelElite791Posted 5/8/2013 3:51:22 AM
Beidha posted...
The point is, this cannot be wrapped up in a DLC. Not satisfactorily, anyways.

This.

And if TC's keen on Hammerfell being a part of things, hell there's a great opportunity for TESVI and Shehai.

And I like how he just ignored my last post <.< But whatev, bed.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/JAEbWQN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg
#122BeidhaPosted 5/8/2013 4:55:43 AM
Guess TC went to sleep, too...
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#123tizimin9Posted 5/8/2013 5:09:17 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
tizimin9 posted...
Rikiaz, have you ever gotten all three words of Slow Time? Have you seen the effect for yourself, how much slower EVERYTHING is, and yet how fast the dragonborn can move?

And enemies can still move, and it doesn't last forever. Stop posting, you're even sillier than TC with your barely coherent ramblings.

Dude, he can disintegrate people with his VOICE.

Just imagine what he can do with his ****!

And at three words of power, when you say "still move", you mean the sword slashes mostly, correct?

Cause when they run or walk, it looks like they're standing still/gliding.

And my ramblings are totally not uncoherent, where the hell would you get that idea? it's not like my ramblings are incoherent to the point of being illegible. It's not like I'm throwing non-sequiters around (by the way, this kind of is one, but isn't it weird that non-sequiter is considered an incorrect word by the gamefaqs spellcheck? do they even check the gamefaqs spell check? They really should make a system to check the spell check. I wonder if Albert Einstein stole his idea for the theory of general relativity. Cause he was a patent clerk, ya know, so someone coulda' just walked in and been all "Oh, I have a theory of general relativity I would like to patent", and then Albert Einstein could just murder his ass and steal his idea. Sorry, I was just thinking about that because when I was talking about the spell check, it suddenly dawned on me that I should patent the idea for a checker for the spell check. Another weird thing about spell check is the phrase "spell check", because it could be used as a thing that verifies whether a word is spelled correctly, or it could be a way to check a a magical spell, or it could mean a check like in sports such as hockey where you bump into someone, so a spell check would be bumping into someone with magic during sports, but spell check could also mean using magic to put your opponent into check during a game of magical chess. Isn't it weird how Star Trek has Star Trek chess but Skyrim doesn't have Skyrim chess? You'd think that Skyrim would be the one to utilize chess more, seeing as how there is so much symbolism in chess. Not that I'm saying Star Trek doesn't have symbolism. It's just that chess was invented in India, and supposedly (I'm not sure if this is a credible source), they used to settle wars with games of chess instead of actual battles in order to avoid bloodshed. Actually, now that I think about it, there was an episode of Star Trek that had a very similar scenario, only instead of chess it was a videogame that determined the outcome of the war.

And that, my friend, is why you are wrong.
---
PSN: Itzimna
#124Seekcro2010Posted 5/8/2013 6:48:56 AM
^You're trying too hard.
---
April all an ocean away,
Is this the better way to spend a day, keeping the winter at bay
#125Wolfwood44Posted 5/8/2013 7:50:13 AM
My favorite part is still TC calling Rebel a boy when he openly admitted he's a college kid working at a fast food joint.

Oh, and his like of any citations beyond his initial, "an in-game character said it!"

Looking forward to more.
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
My Blog (Comics, Video Games, and Movies): www.arbitrarynerd.blogspot.com
#126No_one_special(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 9:01:45 AM(edited)
RebelElite791 posted...
Beidha posted...

This.

And if TC's keen on Hammerfell being a part of things, hell there's a great opportunity for TESVI and Shehai.

And I like how he just ignored my last post <.< But whatev, bed.

Except I, y'know, didn't.

I addressed Sanguine's appearance in Skyrim in one of my preceding posts.

If they wanna just write-out the Dragonborn(like they did the Nerevarine) in the sequel and deal with the Dominion entirely within that scope...

ESVI will have to be in Valenwood, Elsweyr, and Alinor. I wouldn't mind Hammerfell as well.

It's high time Bethesda created a game that put the scaling of Daggerfall to shame.

My favorite part is still TC calling Rebel a boy when he openly admitted he's a college kid working at a fast food joint.

Oh, and his like of any citations beyond his initial, "an in-game character said it!"

I tend to talk down to people who come into my topics and, instead of observe some respect, go and insult and degrade my opinion just because it's different from theirs.

Can't really call someone a "kid" if they're in college, though. Just a figure of speech.

Meanwhile, the only sources I have to cite are in-game, considering that we're talking about a, y'know, fictional world.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#127Jstretch19Posted 5/8/2013 9:05:15 AM
Beidha posted...

Bingo. That's what RL books are for.
#128LEGEND_725Posted 5/8/2013 9:10:40 AM
Reading through this I disagree that anyone who expected a DLC involving the Thalmor needed to "get their heads checked". It was a major plot point that felt unfinished. Bethesda tends to wrap things up in lore. It's a shame because the events in lore sound hundreds time more interesting than what we actually get to play through in the games.

However I also disagree with what TC is implying that the Dragonborn could solo an entire army. Still, The Dragonborn as a legendary and powerful hero who just saved the world could maybe repair relations between the empire and Hammerfell or create a new alliance between a independent Skyrim and Hammerfell.

It could have been a DLC with branching paths depending on what side you joined in the Civil War. When I first heard about the "Redguard" DLC rumors I expected something like this. Bethesda could have got creative and released us something cool. Now we will just be playing ESVI and probably read about it in lore.
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .
#129jammymacsterPosted 5/8/2013 9:43:08 AM(edited)
LEGEND_725 posted...
Reading through this I disagree that anyone who expected a DLC involving the Thalmor needed to "get their heads checked".

It doesn't take much thought to realise that the war could not be wrapped up in a DLC to anything near a reasonable standard without making it horribly anti-climatic.

Do people really not realise how big this war would be? It's not going to be some small contained event.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
#130CrazycatdudePosted 5/8/2013 9:46:07 AM
So I found a copy of Morrowind at a used games store and I bought it. Any ideas on a Paladin build? I already know he's going to be an Imperial and belong to the Legion and Imperial Cult. For majors I was thinking: Heavy Armor, Long Blade, Resto, and athletics so far. What do you guys think I should fill in the blanks with? I don't know if I should pick Block since I might just use 2H weapons, I guess it wouldn't hurt though.
---
There is nothing in the world more helpless, depraved, and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an RPG binge.