So no more DLC!?

#141Dovah_AhPosted 5/8/2013 11:50:15 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
I think pretty much everyone expected a DLC about the Thalmor in the beginning, of course now that it's clear there won't be any it's easy to say 'lol you thought there'd be thalmor related dlc xD your so stoopid lol'

Wrong. I never thought there would be a DLC about the Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion.
#142RikiazPosted 5/8/2013 12:16:46 PM
mistermikeymike posted...
heres the thing rebelelite.

likely and unlikely don't matter in stories. if bethesda was like yo let's make the aldmeri dominion level 1 noobs, they could.

if bethesda wanted to release a DLC where the dragonborn takes on the entire aldmeri dominion they could.

if they wanted to resolve the conflict they could. you're kinda unimaginative... i mean the dragonborn doesn't just have to fight the entire aldmeri dominion on a plain field, in sunny weather, with no outside help/extenuating circumstances. all the dragonborn has to do is kill the king or something stupid. whatever bethesda wants to write

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Love that clip.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#143Justin2KrelianPosted 5/8/2013 2:04:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#144CrazycatdudePosted 5/8/2013 3:42:10 PM
So there's not enough Morrowind nostalgia here to help me build a sick Paladin? *sad face*
---
There is nothing in the world more helpless, depraved, and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an RPG binge.
#145tizimin9Posted 5/8/2013 6:35:28 PM
Dougymc posted...
tizimin9 posted...
(by the way, this kind of is one, but isn't it weird that non-sequiter is considered an incorrect word by the gamefaqs spellcheck? do they even check the gamefaqs spell check?

Non-sequitur* Spell check got it right.

no, they didn't.

How could you not realize that, when you just typed the word, and it's got a red squiggly under it?

I'm looking at the word right now, and it's got the squiggly.

The reason I mispelled it was because I right clicked on the squiggly, and "non-sequester" and "non-requites" pops up.

But non-sequitur is still considered a mispelling by the spell check.

I encourage the reader of this post to try it out right now.
---
PSN: Itzimna
#146DougymcPosted 5/8/2013 6:45:17 PM
tizimin9 posted...
Dougymc posted...
tizimin9 posted...
(by the way, this kind of is one, but isn't it weird that non-sequiter is considered an incorrect word by the gamefaqs spellcheck? do they even check the gamefaqs spell check?

Non-sequitur * Spell check got it right.

no, they didn't.

How could you not realize that, when you just typed the word, and it's got a red squiggly under it?

I'm looking at the word right now, and it's got the squiggly.

The reason I mispelled it was because I right clicked on the squiggly, and "non-sequester" and "non-requites" pops up.

But non-sequitur is still considered a mispelling by the spell check.

I encourage the reader of this post to try it out right now.

Have to take your word for it. It says it is correct on mine.
#147The_Beer_ScotchPosted 5/8/2013 7:00:16 PM
Good to see some things never change.

Hello rebel!
---
To be announced
#148BeidhaPosted 5/8/2013 7:09:28 PM
This was a good topic. I mean, most topics are either about builds or glitches, or the overused memes that propogate here, like Toeh and Zapdos. This was a fun debate.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#149No_one_special(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 7:59:54 PM
Rikiaz posted...

likely and unlikely don't matter in stories. if bethesda was like yo let's make the aldmeri dominion level 1 noobs, they could.

if bethesda wanted to release a DLC where the dragonborn takes on the entire aldmeri dominion they could.

if they wanted to resolve the conflict they could. you're kinda unimaginative... i mean the dragonborn doesn't just have to fight the entire aldmeri dominion on a plain field, in sunny weather, with no outside help/extenuating circumstances. all the dragonborn has to do is kill the king or something stupid. whatever bethesda wants to write

Love that clip.

Yeah, too bad that clip has absolutely no bearing other than to show the inability of its poster to actually respond to the point being made.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#150BeidhaPosted 5/8/2013 8:07:24 PM
No_one_special posted...
Rikiaz posted...

Love that clip.

Yeah, too bad that clip has absolutely no bearing other than to show the inability of its poster to actually respond to the point being made.

The "point being made", that writers don't have to worry about any form about internal consistency and can do whatever they want with their story because they write it, is so insulting to writing as an art and a profession it isn't worth a proper response, and anyone who actually believes that has no merit in judging the writing of anything. Writers who believe that aren't writers.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep