Armor custom fit question

#1Crimsonhead4Posted 5/8/2013 9:46:15 AM
I'm working on making some enchanted gear for my follower who uses heavy armor. The helmet enchantments offer nothing he can use so I was going to equip him with a circlet and dragon priest mask. My question is if the dragon priest mask is also heavy armor will he still receive the custom fit bonus
#2SkimMilk1988Posted 5/8/2013 9:51:38 AM
Crimsonhead4 posted...
I'm working on making some enchanted gear for my follower who uses heavy armor. The helmet enchantments offer nothing he can use so I was going to equip him with a circlet and dragon priest mask. My question is if the dragon priest mask is also heavy armor will he still receive the custom fit bonus

No, you won't get the bonus from the "Matching Set" perk...because it won't be a matching set.
#3Crimsonhead4(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 9:56:52 AM
SkimMilk1988 posted...
Crimsonhead4 posted...

No, you won't get the bonus from the "Matching Set" perk...because it won't be a matching set.

I realize I won't get it for matching set, I'm talking about custom fit. If you wear all one type of armor you get 20 or 25 percent bonus
#4Mick65Posted 5/8/2013 3:00:41 PM
If all four pieces of armor are the same type, you should get the custom fit bonus. There are some items that are bugged/mis-labeled that won't but most will.
Incidentally I wear the Diadem of the Savant with one of my light armor characters and it benefits from the bonus.
---
JAFO